Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Song of the day

music

506 replies to this topic

#16 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:52 AM

One for those early mornings, coffee and Pjusk is a great way to start the day!

this is pretty deep shit!

Do you listen to anymore sort of stuff like

#17 eide

eide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

One for those early mornings, coffee and Pjusk is a great way to start the day!

this is pretty deep shit!

Do you listen to anymore sort of stuff like

I will now! 

#18 rich mc

rich mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

I am a life long fan of the Moody Blues rich mc

#19 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Keeping my hood pass intact, you guys are into such fairy weirdo rock crap. Anyone would thing you are a bunch of 80 year old nuns, except agn, he is okay *grin*

Nothing a hit of acid wouldn't help....especially the one Eide posted.   I think I even had a flashback! :)

Shoebop

#20 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,044 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Was at the panto and they had gone all musical wonder style. So in theme with the season
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#21 FlyFishin'Jam

FlyFishin'Jam

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

ooo Stevie Wonder! We were spoiled as kids growing up with talent like this!

Yeah eide has got me digging through my vinyl collection looking for trippy soundscapes, just gave this a listen, whole album is rather sparse and spooky.

#22 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

good description Jam, no better way to describe that than sparse and spooky. I lived in the music capital for 10 yrs and have seen some crazy dj sets but nothing quite like whoever that is.

#23 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,044 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#24 cencalfly

cencalfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

Good stuff

#25 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Good stuff guys! Here's another one of my favorite artists, Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits fame).

Shoebop

#26 jimk

jimk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

#27 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Very cool Jimk

Shoebop

#28 riffleriversteelheadslayer

riffleriversteelheadslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

http://vimeo.com/7973361

just something I like to listen to as I tie

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

There is no such thing as a blank day for a fisherman. It will be saved for him by the white-throated weasel, who watches his fishing from a hole in the wall under which is lying a fish that refused all flies; or by the excitment of identifying insects; or by the apple-bloosom in a nearby orchard; and no one would call that day a blank on which he has seen a king-fisher." -- Arthur Ransome Rod and Line, 1929

#29 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,404 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I love Pink Floyd, up to Waters leaving.  Gilmore just can't bring the same range ... there's only one "voice" for Pink Floyd, as far as I am concerned.

Gilmore can sure play that guitar, though.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#30 riffleriversteelheadslayer

riffleriversteelheadslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Amen

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

There is no such thing as a blank day for a fisherman. It will be saved for him by the white-throated weasel, who watches his fishing from a hole in the wall under which is lying a fish that refused all flies; or by the excitment of identifying insects; or by the apple-bloosom in a nearby orchard; and no one would call that day a blank on which he has seen a king-fisher." -- Arthur Ransome Rod and Line, 1929

Reply to this topic