Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Song of the day

music

506 replies to this topic

#31 ScottK

ScottK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

I am a life long fan of the Moody Blues rich mc

X2.

Wife and I have seen them 4 times. First time was many moons ago at an amphitheater in KC, full orchestra with them. By far the best concert I've ever been to.

#32 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#33 Travis Bille

Travis Bille

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

Okay, I'll contribute

#34 Chase Creek

Chase Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Not sure how to link to these, but probably the greatest song ever written and performed - Southern Cross, by Crosby, Stills, and Nash (DON'T ARGUE WITH ME ON THIS!), A close second would be Seven Bridges Road, by the Eagles.

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold

#35 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

There you are Chase

http://youtu.be/iuLBhxZUkmU

http://youtu.be/hufU6MIS2vw

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

#36 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

#37 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Want to hurt you just to hear you scream my name. Thats a love song right there.

#38 Chase Creek

Chase Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thanks, Piker20. I should have just asked my grandkid to do it for me, but she wasn't here. Oh MY GOD, I'm turning into my father!

"A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability, and
beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise"
Aldo Leopold

#39 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,384 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Not sure how to link to these, but probably the greatest song ever written and performed - Southern Cross, by Crosby, Stills, and Nash (DON'T ARGUE WITH ME ON THIS!), A close second would be Seven Bridges Road, by the Eagles.

No argument ... but no agreement either.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#40 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Both good songs for sure!
Shoebop

#41 netabrookie

netabrookie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

Wow!  There is a lot of great music listed so far.  I have to add a few more to the list.  I have always liked a lot of Queen's music and I really love the song "Who wants to live forever?"  I am a big (one of the biggest) Led Zeppelin fan so I have to mention "the rain song"  and "that's the way" although they never produced a song that I didn't like. I am also an old school head banger and love a lot of the older Black Sabbath music and when you play the song "fluff" by them most people don't realize that a group like them could do something so beautiful.  Emotions in music means a lot to me and I always thought that "victim of changes" by Judas Priest was a song where Halford really poured his soul into a song.  Another great, in my opinion, is "please don't Judas me" by Nazareth. On the other end of the spectrum would be Dolly singing "I will always love you" There has been others doing that song but they hurt my ears.  Waylon Jennings needs to be mentioned also and what would America be without Willie.  Sometimes its nice to listen to some classical violin and I also enjoy some female opera singers but the male voices in Italian or German just don't do anything for me.  I can't think of anyone any better to end my little bit of input to this conversation than the one and only Hank Williams.  I love senior and only like a couple by junior.  When you are feeling down and think the world has taken a big dump on you then you just listen to "I'm so lonesome I could cry" and automatically you realize that things aren't as bad as poor old Hank has had it.....or you just order another and get a tear in your beer...

.....You can never have too many olive woolly buggers.........

.... IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED..........RELOAD......

#42 eide

eide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:03 AM

Check out this 1hour concert clip from Nils Petter Molvær. He got some great albums and the concerts are spectacular!

#43 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:42 AM

Love that sound. That will be what I play next time I sit down for a tying season. Great venue for a concert too. Sure I saw some fish rise around the 37min spot.

#44 agn54

agn54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Nice call on Alice Cooper Piker. I'm disappointed you opted for the censored version, although I guess nudity is inappropriate for a fishing forum ohmy.png

#45 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yeah the sight of alice with all to the wind might scare the kiddies.

Reply to this topic