Fly Tying
KnottyFisher

Glad to Join the Fun

Just introducing myself. I'm 57 and from So. Calif. and fish in salt and fresh. Been tying basic patterns for a few years. Have an old Regal stationary vise and looking for a rotary. Recommendations welcome. Forum looks like fun so far. Thanks for creating and maintaining it.

Allow me to welcome you to the forum, too. I am also relatively new here, but, really enjoy the forums. As far as your vise goes, those Regal jaws are hard to beat. On the full rotary side of it, there are several models out there that do a great job of all the stuff you would need to do with rotary vises. I use the Peak rotary vise and am very, very pleased with it. Does everything I want!

Welcome to FTF :)

As far as vises go, I recommend you look through the archives here on vise discussions as it has been discussed ad nauseum on a regular basis. Then, if you have a more specific question about a particular vise or issue, you can ask a more informed question later.

Just stay away from the cheap foreign made vises.

Welcome to the Forum--you'll find a lot of good people and good information here.

For a vise, I would second PondStalker's recommendation of the Peak rotary. I've been tying on one for about 2 years now and I'm really pleased with it. I don't think there's a true rotary out there that can beat it for value for the price. I tied on a Regal for years and so far the Peak holds hooks (the ones I use, anyway, sizes 2-20) just as well as the Regal did.