Fly Tying
TheBugSlinger

Good Day All

Welcome. They are a good bunch here! I can attest to that as they've helped me get started and learn things in the few weeks I've been a member!

Yeah, Bug. Or would you prefer "Slinger"? We'd like to know a bit about our new members. I can read what you included in your profile: 45, male, Ontario. But what are you like, so we can visualize who we're talking to? What other hobbies? Do you eat your catch, or release? What do you fish for, pike, bass, trout, cichlids? Do you kayak? Canoe? (sorry for the pun). Other than that, we respect your privacy :-)

I fish for brook, rainbow, browns and steelies . Brookies and rainbow being top choices , also enjoy fishing ultralight gear for bass. I live in Stoney Creek Ontario, As far as other hobbies fishing takes up most of my free time. I have 3 very young sons, One 3yr old and a set of 15 month old twin boys!!! Yeah I know kind of old for young children ( I am 45yrs young ) but my career made it difficult earlier in life ( lots of travelling). So as you could guess they take up a lot of time ( but all good times ).

I fish from shore and in the water ;). I am strictly a catch and release guy.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes, looking forward to spending a lot of quality time here.

TL

With one of the Great Lakes right on your door step, I am surprised Small Mouth Bass aren't higher on the list.

But, once again, welcome to the site.

In a couple more years, your job will be to start taking your oldest boy fishing. Start him out on cane pole and bobber like most of us were started by our dads. Your sons will love you forever for teaching them to fish. It's one of man's noblest callings.