Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

AARRGGHHH, dem dang Canuckians...

Sending all that cold weather way down here this early in the fall. Our average temps should still be in the sixties but right now it's 21 degrees and snow building up on the ground. Maybe an inch right now and that might be about it for this wave. No more than 2" they say but another wave coming Monday. To go along with it there's a good north wind blowing things around. Wife and son are heading for VA this morning to visit grandkids (his kids). I told them to leave yesterday but NO...why waste an overnight cost of room when they can drive straight thru. Well, their choice.

Here, in Florida, we blame the Northern States for not absorbing their share of the cold. It's their job to keep teh cold from reaching this far South.

More often the folks up north don't send their cold down here, they just come down themselves :-)

The worse things are not the cold temps they bring down in their car trunks, it's all the coughing, sneezing & bad driving. 15-20 mph over on the interstate, 15-20 mph under on town roads ! Go figure.....

Here, in Florida, we blame the Northern States for not absorbing their share of the cold. It's their job to keep teh cold from reaching this far South.

Right. When I lived in SoFla, we blamed everyone north of us, which was pretty much everyone, for the cold weather.

steve

The worse things are not the cold temps they bring down in their car trunks, it's all the coughing, sneezing & bad driving. 15-20 mph over on the interstate, 15-20 mph under on town roads ! Go figure.....

We are very good at sharing, your welcome!

Mike, they did send some down to us this week for sure. It's not going to get much above 60 today, Looks like long sleeves and maybe even a jacket today!

Mike, they did send some down to us this week for sure. It's not going to get much above 60 today, Looks like long sleeves and maybe even a jacket today!

Yeah ... and I had to spend the day outside. Actually, I can't complain. With the work I was doing, it was wear a jacket or go home drenched in sweat. I guess I was glad for the jacket today.

I love Florida. I love sweating while fishing in shorts and tee shirts. I do not like sweating in work cloths. (long pants and dress shirts)

Now, tomorrow morning, when it's below 40 ... I'll be cussing the Northerners for not absorbing the cold and keeping it from getting this far South.

Tomorrow when the temps are in the 40's to 50's only dem dang Canuckians & maybe some from the UP will be driving around in convertibles with the tops down if the suns out in their normal way over/way under the posted speed with the windows up !