Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyman23

Hi I am a new guy .

Hi I am flyman23 and I am new to this site and thought I would say hi for the first time . I live in South East Idaho by the South fork of the Snake River and New to tying flies . I have been fly fishing for 14 years now and have been pursuing a dream to become a guide and the goal on that is to teach children how to fly fish and well to keep the art alive . I am originally from Tacoma ( well out side that 45 miles ) Washington and grew up ocean fishing with my pa and uncles . This is a whole new world for me and a bit over whelmed with all the info posted on here and just wanted to say thank you for sharing it . Best of luck to you all out fishing and a good time tying .

Welcome flyman23, to the FTF forum. There's many on here who will take a lot of time to help explain things to you. There are a few that are less patient, they respond more tersely and come off a bit aggressive - but even they have something to offer. It happens. Just read a lot, as there is a lot of information in the threads that have accumulate here over the years.

Learn from all the help that will be offered and let the negative comments or 'vibe' roll off your back. Mostly, I think having fun with tying is the more important issue, provided you are not trying to become a production tyer.

take care,

BCT

Welcome from Missouri, flyman23.

This is a good place for information. I know; they have helped me a lot.

steve, aka spm

I like to go for the Browns and cutthroats but I am happy with what I catch . Right now I am trying to go up to Palisades reservoir to try and hook up on the big lake trout I have been hearing about . And how about u Salarfishing ? good luck

Sounds great flyman. I love trout fishing, but these days, I mostly chase after Atlantic Salmon. I'm from Maine originally (currently live in the desert) so grew up trout and salmon fishing, and make 3 or 4 trips every year to eastern Canada after Atlantics with my fishing buddies... Are you in an area that have salmon and steelhead runs?

That is awesome man ,I have heard stories about Atlantic Salmon from my grandfather always wanted to go but have not been able to . The closest steelhead and salmon is the salmon river and it is a bit of a drive but plan on going next year , I live near Idaho falls so it kinda bites not fishing for salmon and steelhead .

I love your intro: "I'm a new guy". When I saw that you were 23, I was tempted to ask what were you before you became a guy :-)

but I decided not to... well, sorry about that... the devil made me do it.

You'll not only get a lot of good info on this site, you'll also run into a lot of fun. So welcome! We're looking forward to hearing more from you.

Thank you Flafly and its all good , most of the time I think faster than I can type . Its not fun without laughs and jokes and that was good . Best of luck on the water and safe trips