Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
carlp5351

Thing of Beauty

Been dying to get my hands on a Cree saddle and finally pulled the trigger. The Cree saddle is a thing of beauty. Found it at Feather Emporium, had to call him wasn't posted on his site. Cree saddles are hard to find.

post-4259-0-50407400-1424520423_thumb.jpg

post-4259-0-93773600-1424520438_thumb.jpg

post-4259-0-10758700-1424520451_thumb.jpg

so, I'll be the first to start throwing rocks and say "That is a grizzly variant, not a cree" ...

LOL

<ducking and covering>

Either way, it's a nice looking skin.

so, I'll be the first to start throwing rocks and say "That is a grizzly variant, not a cree" ...

LOL

<ducking and covering>

Yup

LOL

Yup

Considering there isn't a cree breed, all cree is a grizzly variant is it not? This to me is cree, the large majority of the feathers are black, white, and brown barred. That's a cree feather.

That is a beautiful saddle, congrats! I bought a saddle that isn't 'technically' cree but who cares? It is close enough to tie a one feather adams fly and will be fun to play with. Yours looks so much more like the real deal.

I have to go kind of go along with that not being the strongest of cree hackles. I have a cape from FE that is decent but not near as nice as the 100 pack cree I have ordered from him. I'd really like to have a saddle from the ones he gets his 100 packs from. They do not come in the Whiting pack but in sandwich baggies so he's picked them out himself. Here is the cape I got from FE. Not bad color but lacks the white bars a top cree is supposed to have. I have a shot there of how many good small hackles this has with good color. Most of the body is nicely mixed 18-14. Overall very happy with cape but didn't come cheap either.

DSC00965.JPG DSC00967.JPG