Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
esox2

New Wisconsinite

I actually created a profile on the site a few years back and just never found enough time to post much. I receive e-mail notifications from the site and love to look at all the great patterns on here. As noted in the title, I am from Wisconsin and spend most of my time chasing trout pretty much all over the state. I have been tying flies for about 7 or 8 years, but prior to that I was making all sorts of fishing tackle. Once I caught the fly fishing bug I have never looked back. I enjoy chasing northern pike, muskies, and smallmouth on our river systems in Wisconsin alongside all of my trout fishing endeavors. As far as tying flies is concerned, I especially enjoy coming up with my own patterns. Usually they end up being some sort of twist on an original pattern, but have had success with them nonetheless. I have greatly enjoyed reading posts on this site when I have found the time, and hope to learn some great tips and tricks from all of you both as a fly tier and fisherman.

Welcome to the "participating" section of the site. I'm looking forward to some pictures of those flies you've created. I rarely follow a recipe ... which is why I come up with "new" stuff that's similar to established patterns. Turns out, there's not much that hasn't been tried ... but that doesn't stop us from searching.

welcome Back. like Mike said, theres alot of us that dont follow recipies; dosent mean we cant catch fish.