Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dmcMaine

Mainah

Hello from coastal Maine.

I bought my first fly rod last fall (9ft #6). Started tying wooly buggers after Christmas. And am as yet fishless on it. It'll come eventually.

An avid bass fisher growing up in Missouri, I'm still trying to get my bearing in Maine. Biggest challenge right now is finding fishing locations that are: 1) accessible by foot 2) without trespassing 3) hold fish and 4)have room to cast a fly.

I'm glad I found this site. I'll be much more full of questions than answers for a while.

This year's goals: Catch a flippin' fish! Look for an affordable canoe/kayak. Did I mention catch a danged fish? :D

Welcome to the site, DMC.

I know there are a few active members from up your way ... Florida represented here.

I don't know anything about Maine, other than it's got a week or two that would be warm enough for me to visit. I've seen pictures that show very pretty, pristine looking rivers, but you might have to drive a bit.

Go to takemefishing.org. Type in your State and you'll get a ton of fishing sites and info for your area. I travel for my job, and that's the site I go to for information. Don't bother signing up, no one seems to be active on the forum, but the site is still good for fishing info.

If your in the midcoast from Bath to Rockland I know tons of places to fish, some with easy shore fishing. Welcome to FTF.

Welcome to the forum from Vermont.

I love Maine! Going to Rapid River in two weeks for a Project Healing Waters Trip.

Yep. I live in Bath (technically West Bath).

I love Vermont. I take the family to the Smuggler's Notch area vacationing when we can get in there. Good times. :)