Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chia

Hello from the swamps of Missouri

I fish the Missouri Ozarks for Bass and once in a while Trout. I have been known to fly fish catfish on occasion! I tie Woolly Buggers and Klouser Minnows for the most part, and I am interested in find some patterns and materials so that I can expand on my tying.

Thanks,

Chia

Welcome Chia. This is the place for you. You can find lots of interesting patterns in the Fly Pattern Database (top of this page). Unfortunately most of them don't provide instructions, and some don't even identify the materials. You'll get more info by searching a particular fly in Youtube. Some good tying videos there. Also we have a Step-by-step forum with some good ones.

Let us see some of yours.

I became a little distracted by deer season. It has gotten a bit cold down here, but I thought I would share a few of my flies. I have minimal materials, and I am looking to get the most bang for whatever bucks I spend. Any suggestions for bass and pan fish would be great. http://imgur.com/a/fYLxp

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Missourian.

steve, aka spm

Welcome Chia. Another fellow Missourian (now transplanted to Michigan) here. Check out the "Warmwater Species" section of the forum, and the Fly Pattern Database for some good bass & panfish patterns.

(Edit: changed "Warmwater Tying" to "Warmwater Species")