Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rstaight

New rods at Christmas

For Christmas I was a good boy. I had a Greencaddis Ruby River 7' 8" 4wt under the tree. Since the temprature was on the mid 40's I grabbed the reel for my 4wt bamboo and went out to play in the yard.

This fiberglass rod is full flex but yet has enough backbone to shoot a respectful amount of line. I have the feeling this will be a real nice dry fly rod on the trout streams I fish. It will also do nicley for bluegill. Not sure about smallmouth, we will have to give it a go.

Of course it will work for small mouth, just depends what you try and throw for flies. I bet it's enjoyable ! Oh and congrats ( even if a bit late)!!

sindyciaray ... you're first post, if you ARE a new member, is inappropriate. It's a link to an unknown site, from an unknown member. It has been reported.

If you ARE a legit member, then please make your introductions and let us get to know you before posting links or offering items for sale. (requires at least 40 posts before selling on the "trading floor")