Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Materials

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Mike. I just saw those the other day and wondered if they were worth buying. Might have to give one a chance.

#17 Flyninho

Flyninho

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

Check out The Popper Company!!

I've bought this Trout season 2018 promotion kit recently. And it is awesome and fairly cheap.

That kit contains a lot of finished flies,  fly tying kits, materials such as popper bodies, epoxy eyes , fibre etc...

I reckon I will have close to a hundred flies with this kit.

The Popper Company suddenly appeared on my screen and normally I'm bit sceptical about buying from those ads that appear on Facebook.

But went to the website and had a good feeling with it and I do not regret it.

http://thepoppercomp...page/promotions

#18 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,431 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:13 AM

Flyninho, you have a Private Message.

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#19 oxfordian

oxfordian

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

Flyninho-- Do you have some affiliation with that Popper company because nearly every post I've seen from you across many sections of the forums has been you recommending their promo kit? I apologize if I'm wrong however it just seems a bit odd how often you make the same suggestion to purchase this kit and to be honest it does not seem like a very reputable company. I personally would not recommend to anyone buying from a company based in Thailand that almost exclusively advertises on sites like Facebook and Twitter.