Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Saarinen

01:20 am

Nice shot. I guess this qualifies as "Land of the midnight sun".

Thanks for posting.

steve

Land of the midnight sun it is! That's as low as it gets now, planed to take a photo at midnight, but was up river & there was a Mountain in between! About 300klm North of the Arctic circle & the Norwegian boader is about 30min drive in the direction of the sun!

Wife and I were in Alaska in '10 ... about this time of year ... for two weeks. We couldn't get used to the constant daylight.

Even after we came home, we were screwed up for another couple of weeks.

I know, Adam. It was a great visit ... I'll never voluntarily live there. Even without the bugs and lack of dark ... it was still too cold for me.

I know, Adam. It was a great visit ... I'll never voluntarily live there. Even without the bugs and lack of dark ... it was still too cold for me.

So Mike,

Are you being untruthful when you say "Give me snow or give me death"????

Just askin'

Les

LOL Les ... thank you for noticing. I don't think anyone else has, to this date.

One of the moderators, who will remain nameless is being mean to me with that tag line.

He's from "Up North" in some one-toothed, back-woods, hill-billy area called Michigan and decided he'd "update" my avatar with those ... words.

Yes, it's untruthful. Below 70 and I am Brrrrrrrrr !!!

No, I am not being untruthful. I am being down trodded (?) upon by the establishment !!!

He lost weight, stopped smoking, grew a forest, built a couple of lakes and builds beautiful fishing rods .

Now he's a lean, mean bully who and picks on innocent people like me.

Mike,

Sorry to hear about the abuse that you put up with. I also understand what you mean about Michigan hillbillys although they are south of me. Gee, I wonder what that makes me? A way up north hillbilly I guess, but I do have a few teeth left lol.

Les

Well....that doesn't sound like something I would do Mike happy.png

Nice pic Adam. I would not be able to deal with that much light at night though. I have a hard enough time sleeping even in pitch dark.

Thanx Steve! My rythem is stuffed up, but i'm on holidays so it dosn't matter! Tries to get dark for a couple of hours down where i live, just have to deal with it on work days! I must be a super hilly billy cos' i'm pretty fare North!?!8-}