Fly Tying
MiFlyTieGuy

Greetings from Michigan!

Hello fellow tiers, I hope you all had a good weekend! Let me start, I am 16 years old I live in Michigan and I have been tying since I have been 8 years old. But only just recently have I started fly fishing and tying trout flies, before it was all bass, bluegill, and crappie. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos almost all of Tim Cammisa's (2 times at least) along with the dry fly legend Jim Misiura, and and course tightlines, and various other tiers. Every Video I get stumped with the proportions because everything is so much bigger on camera, I have gotten better at that but the one thing that still gets me is what hooks to buy?!?!? Over all I just want to have fun but also catch fish and I need you guys to help me decide all what hook sizes and styles I should buy for each kind of fly. I just don't want to end up with all sorts of hooks that I will never use. If there is a website link that, or if you are the kind of guy who would take time to write out a chart I would be so unconditionally thankful, for you going above and beyond to help out a young helpless tier. I will link the Muskegon river hatch chart below.(where I do the majority of my fishing) Thank you so much in advanced! I could not be more excited to be a part of this community of tiers!

Muskegon River

Muskegon River Hatch Chart

Thanks again!

Greetings from Michigan

Mason D. Jager

You did Flats, it was in another thread asking for advice. It's here as an introduction.

Welcome Mason! Look forward to seeing your flies, and hope you participate in a few swaps!

You did Flats, it was in another thread asking for advice. It's here as an introduction.

Welcome Mason! Look forward to seeing your flies, and hope you participate in a few swaps!

Iv got a bass fly that works really really well I made the pattern myself.