Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Mylar Tubing Swap - Any Type of Fly

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

Got some very nice flies in the mail today from some talented tiers.

Thanks to the tiers and the swapmeister.

Rick

#92 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

The flies arrived today.  This was my first bout with mylar.  I like it.  The flies look great!  Thanks

#93 agn54

agn54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

Got mine too, outstanding set! Thanks for hosting OP

#94 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:48 PM

Years ago (many) I was fishing the mouth of the Beaver River flowing into Lake Superior and the mouth was full of what we called "reef trout". Lake Trout running from about 2-5#s. They were gorging on little silvery minnows and I was catching them on a little Rooster Tail 1/8oz. Spinner and UL Spinning. I looked the fly the Norm had it there and it brought back those memories since it would have duped the ones they were feeding on so well. Yep guys, this is one of those class swaps and though they're on the small side don't let that stop you from dropping them in big fish water. Mylar is a strong draw for attraction.

#95 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Got mine great set everyone

#96 jjs89yj

jjs89yj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

I got mine today too- they are going to be put to good use as soon as the white bass run starts. That shrimp fly is something else! That'll go in my look, don't use display.

#97 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:30 AM

I received a nice set of flies today from everyone,

jjs89 - if you are talking about the Patrick's Tail Tamer Shrimp pattern with a rattle inside then I appreciate the compliment. Let me know if you want the recipe, good luck finding an economical source for those rattles though because they are expensive. I am on the coast so rattles are a necessity for redfish or speckled trout. 

Dorado- how do you fish your pattern and what species do you target with it- I love that pattern.

thanks for hosting Add147 and hope things get better for you soon, hope to see you at the Ed Rizzollos Fly Tying Festival next Saturday- 02/11/2017

#98 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

got em

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#99 Dubs

Dubs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Received mine, thanks to all

#100 jjs89yj

jjs89yj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

I received a nice set of flies today from everyone,

jjs89 - if you are talking about the Patrick's Tail Tamer Shrimp pattern with a rattle inside then I appreciate the compliment. Let me know if you want the recipe, good luck finding an economical source for those rattles though because they are expensive. I am on the coast so rattles are a necessity for redfish or speckled trout. 

Dorado- how do you fish your pattern and what species do you target with it- I love that pattern.

thanks for hosting Add147 and hope things get better for you soon, hope to see you at the Ed Rizzollos Fly Tying Festival next Saturday- 02/11/2017

I'd love the recipe.  Where on the coast are you?  I assume in tx?

#101 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

I am glad that folks are beginning to get their flies now.  One again I apologize to everyone on my lack of keeping everyone up to date and the slow turn around.  The trees are beginning to bud out where I am at some hopefully spring is not to far off.

#102 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

Add, your inbox must be full again. You're not accepting PM at this time. I'm wondering if I goofed up on return postage or forgot or something.

Nick

#103 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

vicrider,

Try it now!  Sorry I was not paying attention and did not know it was full.