Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

2017 Spring Articulated Streamers

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#31 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

I need a little clarification on how many flies we are tying. Are we tying one of each for each tyer?

I agree would be nice to know I am fine with doing one of each.

#32 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

If you like we can close it now then if everyone is ok with it we do one for each water. I will PM everyone for their answers and go from there.

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#33 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

I have some Allens  b200 #2 bass bug I ordered by mistake Are these to big for this ???

Steve-stabgnid

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#34 josephcsylvia

josephcsylvia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

I have some Allens  b200 #2 bass bug I ordered by mistake Are these to big for this ???
Steve-stabgnid

nope. last year #2 was the smallest size req

#35 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

Steve-stabgnid

No not at all. I have used 3 and 4/0 for trout  and bass streamers.

Kevin

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

#36 carpflyguy

carpflyguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

2 hooks is not a requirement, right? So long as it's articulated? Planning on doing the Game Changer of that works for one of my flies.

#37 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

That fly works for this.

Kevin

#38 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:33 PM

My dark water fly is going to end being the Hog snare after all. Got a couple done and they only take me about an hour to get a decent version. I say decent and fishable, not Stolis quality but not bad. I haven't decided on clear water tie yet but will not a Snare. Maybe something in the general Game Changer category and using smaller sizes of everything in bright colors We'll see what works out.

#39 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:13 AM

Good start vic...

Kevin

#40 ecberr

ecberr

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

I'm in if I'm not too late.

#41 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:05 PM

I'm in if I'm not too late.

Should be ok. There is lots of time. And just so you know we are doing 2 sets. One for a dirty water day and one for clear or what could be clean water. 

Kevin

#42 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

I will give the swap a few more day before I close it. The first page is up to date.

Kevin 

#43 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

The swap is closed. Everyone need's two sets of 10 flies. They do not have to be different patterns. For myself I'm doing different ones. You can mix them up if you like. One set you would use for for something like high clear skies and crystal clear water. One set for something like after a heavy rain muddy water day OR night fishing good water.  Due date 1 March 2017. Just in time for the spring run off. PM me for the address to make sure you have the correct one. Thank for joining.

Kevin 

#44 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

The three steps to a Hog Snare...

DSC01651 (2).JPG

#45 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:29 AM

The three steps to a Hog Snare...

attachicon.gifDSC01651 (2).JPG

Thats a good pattern that I haven't tried to tye yet.

Kevin