Last pair of rods for 2016

cYA22B.jpg
FiOKg3.jpg
Cn4VdT.jpg
zW5n74.jpg
BUBK4Z.jpg
kOFyLQ.jpg
SDy0zp.jpg

The last two rods of 2016 are now done. Time to call it a wrap and enjoy Christmas and start working on rods for 2017 on Jan 2nd. The last order is a fitting end for the last rods of the year. Nothing too wild and flashy, just a nice matched pair of clean subtle classy rods for a good returning customer. One is a 7' 4wt and the other is a fast & light IM8 9' 8wt.

Pretty rods.

But why did you take them to a golf course and shoot pictures of them on a sand trap?

That IS white sand ... right?

Pretty rods.

But why did you take them to a golf course and shoot pictures of them on a sand trap?

That IS white sand ... right?

Actually it is ice building up on the kitchen counter. And it is only December...!

I think this is the earliest we have had this much snow in many years than I can remember. Already about 10-12" on the ground, and supposed to get up to 7" more starting anytime now this evening.

We have 1"-3" coming tonight, turning to rain, then it's going to be near 50 for a couple of days before we get cold again.

Nice rods as usually, Steve > indeed a fitting end to the year of rod building !!

Yes Mike, It is sand. Don't forget to bring your clubs when you come in Feb. Lots of world class golf courses in MI.

Les

We actually do have some courses that have what they call "polar bear leagues" here Les. Guys golf in the snow with bright florescent orange golf balls. Which is in direct contrast to the golfer's freezing blue ba.....nevermind lol

We actually do have some courses that have what they call "polar bear leagues" here Les. Guys golf in the snow with bright florescent orange golf balls. Which is in direct contrast to the golfer's freezing blue ba.....nevermind lol

Mike,

Did you see this?

I wonder if that golf course is like the one in Jackman Maine, probably changes 200 ft in elevation throughout the course, looks like pasture land going up the side of a foot hill to Eagle Mountain, complete with shale/rock outcroppings. I look in amazement every time I go over that way ( we used to go over to the ice cream stand over that way, and to a good brookie pond, not golf).

I recently started getting some guides from a supplier that imports the guide directly so they are not a brand that has been marketed under a known name before, but the style of them is almost identical to the FUJI MO series.