Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Last Santa thread of the year...

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

I would be happy to tie you one Nick, thank you for running the swap.

#17 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

I got a nice box of flies from "dad of molly" (?).  I have no idea who that is, but look forward to spring and using the hoppers. 

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#18 Dubs

Dubs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

Truly Awesome box full of dries from Netabrookie

I appreciate this very much and the pics dont do justice but still good

Merry Christmas to all!

xmas2.jpg

xmas1.jpg

#19 josephcsylvia

josephcsylvia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

I got a beautiful set from Bob and and some great extras!! Merry Christmas all.

Who got my gift?

#20 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:22 AM

I received a very nice set of flies from jmckaughan, who , I believe, is now going by the name "Wooden Legs." (Thanks! Easier for me to remember how to spell.) There were under the tree last night when we returned from spending the afternoon at the "In-Laws" house. Opening the package brought a very pleasant ending to the Christmas gifting season. 

Thanks jmckaughan/Wooden Legs & thanks to Vicrider for hosting. Great job on what must be a really tough swap to host. 

PS. I'm scheduled for cataract surgery on Thursday. Prayers appreciated. Hope my vision for tying will be greatly increased. 

BB

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#21 Joshpilon08

Joshpilon08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:25 AM

Big thanks to stabgnid. Can't wait to swing these bad boys this coming week. Hopefully get some steelhead rolling.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161209_150737-1-1.jpg
  • 20161209_150737-1-2.jpg

#22 RickZieger

RickZieger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

Got nice flies from Caloosa Bug.  Picture when camera battery recharges.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails

• Christmas 2016 009.JPG

#23 ColonelMel

ColonelMel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:15 AM

Thanks to VCRider for coordinating and hosting this swap.

I received a very nice, large group of flies from ATXDiscGolfer.  Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails

• secretsantaflies.jpg

The true fisherman will fish for what is hitting. If minnows are all that is hitting, he will fish for minnows.

#24 Wetsock

Wetsock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

A big thank you to Flytyer for the very nice set of flys he gave me😊 As usual they were all nicely tied. I can't wait for spring 45 today and was putting me in the mood. To bad they are calling for snow by end of week.

#25 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

C'mon guys, that's only half the presents that went out. Isn't it proper to thank a gift giver for the time put into your package? Pics if possible but at least acknowledgement. 

#26 Hazathor

Hazathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

Joe, I received your swap gift. I can say I'm blown away. Being a part of this forum means we all have a love for things that are made by hand. I am truly grateful for such a high quality gift. Its the perfect fly holder for stowing my latest creations on their test run to my "neighborhood" stream. Let's not forget about the flies! Lots of inspiration and fish catching to be done! I mostly tie streamers, so I'm glad to have the smaller trout flies. Thanks for providing some fishing related goodness under my tree this year.

Lastly, my apologies for the delayed response. This has been the first time I've sat down at my desk since before Christmas. Lots of traveling and family time. I hope you all had as great a holidays. Cheers!

fly1.JPG

fly2.JPG

...also, I'm  curious as to who received mine.

-Nick H.

#27 josephcsylvia

josephcsylvia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

Hazathor, glad you like it. Not sure if the note made the journey but if not, the leather is Horween Chromexcel, Horween tans the finest leather you can buy. Those snaps are solid brass so no rust and the sheep wool is glued on so when it wears it can be replaced. Enjoy it!

#28 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,390 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

I am so glad I didn't try this swap.  My "present" would have been the fly tying equivalent of the "hand print turkey" from kindergarten.

turkey1.jpg

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#29 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:47 AM

I finally got around to taking pictures of my Christmas package.  Big thank you to Dubs for the nice box and assortment of flies.  it was really nice to get to open this on Christmas.  For sure it was the first gift I opened!  

Fly Box.jpg

Another nice bonus he also included a patch of deer hair from his 2015 bow hunt.  

Deer Hair.jpg

Thank you Dubs and thank you Santa Claus for putting this together!  

#30 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

I got them! Thanks for the fabulous fly mix and box carpflyguy. Here's hoping there will be enough water to fish in this spring. Vic, wholehearted thanks for your efforts once again. Just leaving them open and feasting on them awhile. Happy New Years everyone.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5934.JPG

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns