Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Classic Fly Swap With A Twist

Due Date Feb 25

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:41 PM

Got mine today. Great work, great swap, great swapmeister. Thanks for hosting, BB.

Yes, it is a Hat Trick!

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#62 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

WOW! great set of flies in the mail box today.  Thanks BB for hoasting another fantastic swap.  Tight lines and heavy nets to everyone who tied the flies.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#63 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

Mine are here today also.  I really enjoy opening the swapped flies and checking out everyone's awesome work.  There are some incredible tiers here!

Thanks a bunch for hosting this swap!  

#64 jburge

jburge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

Received an awesome set of flies in the mail yesterday. Really, really, nice! Thanks to all tiers and BB for pulling off another great swap.

#65 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

WOW Got a great bunch off flies today

Thanks Breambuster

#66 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:32 AM

Yep, picked mine up today. Nothing special...just another fantastic set of flies from swappers who do a great job on so many different ties.

#67 djh262

djh262

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

This is an excellent set of flies! Thanks everyone for tying and BB for hosting.

#68 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

Funny but when I opened this box my thinking was it was a panfish swap. Got to looking at them and thought, hey, these are too nice to let bluegills chew up. Definitely trout quality here.

#69 Decisions

Decisions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

Anticipation......

Always the last to see..... bummer

My passion is my wife and then my fishing. Sometimes she thinks it is the other way around.

Living in Southern Ontario, close to Rice Lake.

#70 ColonelMel

ColonelMel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

Not to brag, but I took the black wooly bugger I tied for this swap up to my neighbor's pond for about 45 minutes.  Here's the result. (Note the crappie is 14" if you straighten his tail fin).

Attached Thumbnails

• catch.jpg

The true fisherman will fish for what is hitting. If minnows are all that is hitting, he will fish for minnows.

#71 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

Edible crappie at 9", dandies between 9-11", pure slabs when you bypass the 12-13" mark. Biggest I've ever measured was 15.5" but I caught one a couple years ago bigger on a farm pond fishing bass but dropped it back in. Wish I'd have layed it against the rod to get a measurement but I'd bet 16+. So when I head to some of our ponds as soon as winds back off I'll be putting your bugger on for sure.

#72 Decisions

Decisions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

Got mine today!

I am humbled on the ties from everyone. Sorry for making my beaded Prince Nymph so big Vicrider. LOL

Just incredible you guys can tie so small! I think I will be making a shadow box for these so I can look at them while I'm in the office doing paperwork. I will put a sign above it... "Attention to detail no matter how small the job is key to success".

Thanks again everyone, they are great!

Cheers, Ron...

My passion is my wife and then my fishing. Sometimes she thinks it is the other way around.

Living in Southern Ontario, close to Rice Lake.

#73 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Got mine on Monday. Fabulous as usual. Thanks bream for hosting.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns