Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Panfish Swap With A Twist

panfish bluegill still water pond

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Got mine today...Nice job guys I like them....Thx

#62 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

Got mine today. Looks like there may have been a little switcharoo because I got one of mine back but it's no problem with me if it's no problem with the other guy. Thanks again for hosting and it's a very nice batch of flies.

#63 ColonelMel

ColonelMel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

I did get confused there for a moment, wmw4.  While I had everything spread out on the dining room table and doing the sort, our new kitten jumped up on the table.  I could just see flies and envelopes flying everywhere.  But seems I just lost count.  Sorry.

The true fisherman will fish for what is hitting. If minnows are all that is hitting, he will fish for minnows.

#64 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

Mine came in today. Great looking set of flies. Hope to get a chance to try them out this weekend.

Thanks for hosting, ColonelMel!

#65 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:23 PM

Got mine today. Looks like there may have been a little switcharoo because I got one of mine back.

Doh! Tie him to the whipping post.
😉

#66 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Got mine back today with one of mine in it. Fine with me since they're both fish catchers. Everything looks great and the little green train had to be a tricky little tie. Nice bunch guys as usual.

#67 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

I'm starting to think usps may have fumbled mine.

#68 bertgwen

bertgwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

If they don't make it there soon let me know and I'll send you my set.  I don't get out fishing that often and have more flies than I'll ever use.  I won't miss them.  I swap mainly because it gives me an excuse to sit down at the vise.

robert

#69 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Will let you know, hopefully they show up soon.

#70 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

Right now vicente the record is about 2-1/2 months for L'il Dave's Christmas package to arrive. Amazingly when it did it clean and unmolested. Just a bit slow on the jouney.

#71 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Yea I imagine it will make it someday.

#72 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

Well I checked my P.O. box today and there they were.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panfish, bluegill, still water, pond