Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

BWO/March Brown Swap

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#76 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

Just got home and troutguys well tied extended body BWO's were in my mailbox- thanks for the extras!

Well guys we have 2 no shows so far, i have sent both a pm and we have had 6 weeks to tie these up. I am going to give them till end of tomorrow to have flies and they are not here by then everyone will get back 2 patterns picked at random. Is that fair?

#77 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

You can keep my extras.  I like looking at all of the different patterns.  I appreciate you hosting the swap.    

#78 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

I just received a pm from add147 and he had some issues come up and doesnt have his set ready to send out so that would mean an additional week till we get his set of flies in so we will have to move on without his set. I will give JokerOne till the end of the day to send us over his set and if they are not here or have an overnight delivery then we will have to move on without him as well.

#79 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

im in with a march brown nymph

eis2fa.jpg

im in with a march brown nymph

eis2fa.jpg

Norm, what is your body. I'm torn between a very good, perfectly wrapped, stripped peacock quill. Two wires wrapped. White and black moose mane wrapped. What's the story on such a nice looking body?

Nick

#80 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

I have these all divided up and ready to send out tomorrow. As stated earlier we had 2 people that were no shows so we will each be receiving 2 additional patterns back so we will each have 12. You guys are going to love these, some of the nicest patterns that I have ever seen in any swap; BWO's and March Browns ranging from size 12 down to 20's.

#81 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Vicrider my guess at Norm's file is a striped Rhode Island Red hackle
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#82 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for hosting another successful swap ATX. I look forward to seeing some great flies.

#83 1hook

1hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for hosting, look forward to seeing everyone's ties

#84 1hook

1hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

My flies came in the mail today. Got some really nice patterns. Good work everyone, I hope these things will be getting wet in the near future!

#85 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

Yep, a beautiful set of flies floated into the PO today. Thanks for hosting and the usual great ties guys.

#86 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

I got my flies in the mail today and very very impressed with everyone every fly was as good as the next. Thanks everyone this was my first swap. Thanks Joe for hosting.

#87 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Great flies. Thank you for running another great swap.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#88 atxdiscgolfer

atxdiscgolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

Glad these are arriving and everyone liked the patterns. This was truly a great swap with all quality patterns.

#89 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Wow got some great BWOs in the mail today

Thanks everyone

#90 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Great bunch of flies.  Thank you so much for hosting!