Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Mighty Sculpin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

I know I have another swap going but I can do both. Let's get this going for the almighty SCULPIN. I think this will be fun and somewhat fast. The first 13 that want in speak up.                    on hold until March. I will repost then to see if someone wants in!!

SM Easternfly

1.   vicente

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#2 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

I'm interested but I would need to know the due date. How fast is "somewhat fast"?

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#3 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:15 AM

It depends on the number and if people need to order materials. Do you want on the list?

Kevin

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

#4 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:31 AM

Like I said, I'm interested, but I'll wait a bit until some others have signed up and you have an idea what the due date is going to be. I just don't have tons of time to devote to tying right now so I don't want to join and not be able to make the deadline.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#5 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:58 AM

I'll most likely join in if you'll have me, not sure which version I'll do might just be a basic one with a stacked deer hair head.

#6 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

I'll most likely join in if you'll have me, not sure which version I'll do might just be a basic one with a stacked deer hair head.

Good you the first on the list for sure. Bryon let me know what kind of time frame you would need.

Kevin

#7 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,437 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:17 PM

Sorry, Kevin.  According to the rules, a Swapmeister can only host one swap at a time.  You'll have to wait until March 1st, when your other swap finishes before you can start another.

http://www.flytyingf...?showtopic=1515

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#8 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:45 AM

Sorry, Kevin.  According to the rules, a Swapmeister can only host one swap at a time.  You'll have to wait until March 1st, when your other swap finishes before you can start another.

http://www.flytyingf...?showtopic=1515

Well I don't remember seeing that post from him. I know I have before but it has changed so I will put it on hold. 

Kevin

#9 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

That's better for me.  I wanted to do this but I haven't tied a sculpin.  Putting it off will give me plenty of time to do some reading and get materials.  

#10 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:52 AM

That's better for me.  I wanted to do this but I haven't tied a sculpin.  Putting it off will give me plenty of time to do some reading and get materials.  

Great. I want to run this one as soon as my current swap in finished.

Kevin