I was looking at a website dedicated to dry fly patterns that originated in my home state of Michigan when I got the idea for this swap. I'd be willing to bet that nearly every state in the union has at least one fly pattern that originated there--Carrie Stevens streamers from Maine, Woolly Buggers from Pennsylvania, and so on. So, I thought, why not have a swap where we all contribute a fly from our home state?
I'm looking for 12 participants here, in addition to myself, so everyone would tie a dozen of their chosen pattern. The only rule is that the pattern must have originated in your state, and, for historical accuracy's sake, you should do a little research first if you have any doubt about a pattern's place of origin. Please respond with your pattern's name and the state you will be representing. Mulitple patterns from the same state are fine, so long as they are different patterns. Due date will be April Fool's Day (April 1) --seems appropriate, right?
Standard swap rules -- toe tags with your forum user name and pattern name, flies packed in crush-proof containers that I can send back to you, and mailed with a postage-paid return envelope addressed to you.
I guess I should add that, since many of us (myself included) have lived in more than one state, you are free to contribute a fly from either your original home state or your current one.
SM - Rusty's Spinner (Michigan)
1. Flat Rock Native - North Platte River Special, Redhead Variant (Wyoming) & Dostal's Phantom Roo (Nebraska) RECEIVED
2. dflanagan - Crackleback (Missouri) RECEIVED
3. michaelray - Tangerine Dream (California) RECEIVED
4. vicente - Sierra Bright Dot (California) RECEIVED
5. jjs89yj - llanolope (Texas) RECEIVED
6. fishingbobnelson - Rogue River Special (Oregon) RECEIVED
7. djh262 - Henryville Special (Pennsylvania) RECEIVED
8. Rogueflies - Mack's Canyon (Oregon) RECEIVED
9. Idaho RC - Lime Trude Variant (Idaho) RECEIVED
10. wmw4 - Panfish Polecat (Florida) RECEIVED
11. GP flyfisherman - Lefty's Deceiver (Maryland) RECEIVED
12. jpm5107 - Royal Wulff (New York) RECEIVED
SWAP IS FULL! Thanks to all who signed up -- due date is April 1, 2017