Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Down Home Pride Swap

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

Sounds good to me. Thanks, I've got another swap to get finished up and then I'll get started on them

#32 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:06 PM

I would like to join this swap. It took me a few days to figure out what I wanted to tie but I did some research and found that Lefty Kreh was born in Maryland and now lives in Hunt Valley Md. I am from Hunt Valley Md. So, if it's ok I would like to tie the Classic Lefty Deciever.

#33 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:24 PM

I would like to join this swap. It took me a few days to figure out what I wanted to tie but I did some research and found that Lefty Kreh was born in Maryland and now lives in Hunt Valley Md. I am from Hunt Valley Md. So, if it's ok I would like to tie the Classic Lefty Deciever.

This swap just getting better and better

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#34 Jpm5107

Jpm5107

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

I'll join in, not sure of what fly yet but it will either be from New York or Virginia. 

#35 Mandog

Mandog

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

I would like to get in if space still open

TBA Florida

#36 Jpm5107

Jpm5107

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

I would like to do the Royal Wulff dry from New York.

#37 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

Jpm5107 and Mandog you guys got the last two spots -- welcome aboard!

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#38 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

I was ahead mandog.

#39 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

GP flyfisherman yes you were, I missed that and just caught it a second ago. You have spot #11 and Jpm5107 gets spot #12, sorry about that! Mandog my apologies to you also; even though I missed seeing it for a second, GP flyfisherman and Jpm5107 did get in ahead of you according to the time stamps on their posts, so I have to give them the spots by rights. My apologies to all for the mix-up, and Mandog I hope you'll join a future swap!

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#40 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

All right gentlemen, we have a full swap with 11 different states represented! This should be a really cool set of flies. I will send out a reminder PM when we are 2 weeks out from the deadline. PM me for my mailing address when your flies are ready to go! :)

#41 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

All right gentlemen, we have a full swap with 11 different states represented! This should be a really cool set of flies. I will send out a reminder PM when we are 2 weeks out from the deadline. PM me for my mailing address when your flies are ready to go! :)

I vote to allow a 13 or 14 member swap. More the merrier, unless flies are already in the mail....

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

#42 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

All right gentlemen, we have a full swap with 11 different states represented! This should be a really cool set of flies. I will send out a reminder PM when we are 2 weeks out from the deadline. PM me for my mailing address when your flies are ready to go! smile.png

I vote to allow a 13 or 14 member swap. More the merrier, unless flies are already in the mail....

Flat Rock I am fine with that but I would need the other participants to give their consent as well. If everyone is okay with going to 14 I will gladly put Mandog on the list, but I would cap it off there.

#43 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

All right gentlemen, we have a full swap with 11 different states represented! This should be a really cool set of flies. I will send out a reminder PM when we are 2 weeks out from the deadline. PM me for my mailing address when your flies are ready to go! smile.png

Flar Rock I am fine with that but I would need the other participants to give their consent as well. If everyone is okay with going to 14 I will gladly put Mandog on the list, but I would cap it off there.

I am good with it.  

#44 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

Flar Rock I am fine with that but I would need the other participants to give their consent as well. If everyone is okay with going to 14 I will gladly put Mandog on the list, but I would cap it off there.

Yep, I like democracy and Would not wait too many days to declare it filled, again

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

#45 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Yep, I like democracy and Would not wait too many days to declare it filled, again

And, I will do a second set, irrespective of whether I can find a fly originating in Nebraska or developed by a Nebraska native... still hunting down 2 leads

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming