Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Down Home Pride Swap

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

My flies were in today's mail. Awesome flies! Thanks a bunch for hosting!

#122 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

Got my set yesterday. Bunch of good looking flies. Thanks, everybody and thanks, Bryon, for hosting!

#123 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:36 AM

Got mine yesterday too.  This was a great idea for a swap, very interesting to see the different flies.  Good job by all!

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#124 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the swap -- I know I certainly did! Just a terrific set of flies you all produced. :) I'll get some pics up soon.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#125 RogueFlies

RogueFlies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:02 PM

Got mine in the mail the other day, awesome stuff as always! Thanks for the awesome swap Bryon. 

v=YB0/2pi

#126 Jpm5107

Jpm5107

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

GP flyfisherman, thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Hope it catches some good fish for you.

#127 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Nice flys everyone.

#128 Jpm5107

Jpm5107

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

Just got the flies in the mail yesterday. They look awesome! I'm excited to try them all out fishing in the coming weeks. Rogueflies, I really like your Mack's Canyon pattern! 

#129 RogueFlies

RogueFlies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:32 PM

Just got the flies in the mail yesterday. They look awesome! I'm excited to try them all out fishing in the coming weeks. Rogueflies, I really like your Mack's Canyon pattern! 

Thank you Jp, the mack is easily one of my favorite patterns for the local waters here, it works really well for trout, as well as steelhead. 

v=YB0/2pi

#130 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Got mine today. Thanks again for hosting