Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicente

loon ergo bobbin

Thinking about getting one of these as I could use another bobbin that doesn't cut thread, has anyone in here used one?,if so what are your thoughts?

I picked one up several weeks ago when Stockard had a $10 coupon thing going. I think I have it currently loaded with DVille flat waxed nylon that I use mostly for clousers and decievers (striped bass) flies. My first impression is that the thing is a beast. It is longer than the biggest Rite Bobbin. Tying on a pedestal you will be more conscious of needing to shorten the length of thread between the end of the tube and the hook shank else your spool of thread will be resting on the table. I like it, however, I think I would luv it if it was 1/2" shorter overall. I feel like I'm going from a 16 oz hammer to a 20 if you know what I mean.

I bought two of them a few weeks ago. I really like them, but they are huge. They are really comfortable in the hand and they look cool as well. The tube is long, so standard wire threaders do not work. I made one out wire and it works fine.