Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Warmwater wet flies with a twist interest?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

Hey guys, I've got my 5 swaps so considering hosting. What I was thinking was to pick 12 from here http://www.warmwater...m/patterns4.asp
Then do the first come first serve as far as fly selection. Most of them are fairly easy so it would be a good beginner swap. Thinking April 15th as a due date. So with that said anybody interested? Also, will a mod let me know if I need to do anything else to host?

#2 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,387 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:24 PM

You're good ... just add a numbered list to your post, and keep it updated until you have your 12 tiers.  

You might add "No doubling up on patterns ... first come, first acknowledged for each pattern represented."

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

mikechell and wmw4 need to review the rules. Unless you've already done it you need to PM steeldrifter with your home and cell #, board and real name and address. This is in the very first pinned rule above and maybe you've already done this but it is called for.

Edit to add...I want in on this one. I've got more trout flies than swim in the White River but all I fish for is panfish.

#4 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:33 AM

Sounds good. I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread.

#5 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

And thanks Vic. I'll go ahead and send that.

#6 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:44 AM

Sounds good. I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread.

I would enjoy participating and would figure to submit 2 Sets, both Brown and Gray Hackle Peacock. Use both frequently on Big Horns, very productive patterns on Rainbows and Brooks... And Nebraska Bluegill killers...

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#7 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

I've added a swap thread. I'll put you down flat rock.

Edit to add... Vic head on over to the swap thread and let me know which one you want and I'll put you down. Thanks again guys this should be a fun one and a nice set of flies when everything is said and done.

#8 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:26 AM

I've added a swap thread. I'll put you down flat rock.
Edit to add... Vic head on over to the swap thread and let me know which one you want and I'll put you down. Thanks again guys this should be a fun one and a nice set of flies when everything is said and done.

Thank you, this a great swap idea and I am bigly looking forward to seeing the group of flies in April..

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"