Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Warmwater wet flies with a twist swap

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#16 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:46 AM

Got you added BB. And flat rock I tend to be of the same opinion as Vic. Size 14-16 would likely still get eaten but I would worry about them taking the fly deep. 8-10 is what I usually throw for panfish. Shaping up to be a very nice box. I know there are some warmwater guys that still need to get in on this and these will catch trout too.

#17 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Thanks Guys! Will go with a 8, unless I find some 10.1xl packed away.

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#18 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

Since we're still a good ways away from the due date I'll leave it open for another 2 weeks or so. Could also open it up so that any of the remaining patterns from the website are fair game instead of just the ones I selected if there are no objections? Did the list to simplify things and get a good variety but I would hate to miss out on someone participating when they would have otherwise.

#19 Tomwarbler

Tomwarbler

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

I'm in for the Lacy gee's gimp if it's still open.

#20 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

I could do the brim special if a variant is ok, just don't have all the colors shown of everything.

#21 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:57 PM

I was going to post "I'll do the Teal and the Bream Special" but I see Vicente wants to do the Bream Special also
Let me know

#22 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

I was going to post "I'll do the Teal and the Bream Special" but I see Vicente wants to do the Bream Special also
Let me know

I think that these will be such reliable patterns that I sure no not mind more than one copy of any of them .02

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

#23 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

Mike I've got you down for the teal and Vicente I've got you down for the brim special if that is ok? Tomwarbler the gimp is all yours. One spot left! I know someone out there wants to tie a black laced mcginty

#24 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

Sounds good, I'll get these started up soon.

#25 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

👍

#26 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

To get the last spot filled up any of the remaining flies from the website are fair game. So swapper #12 can choose from black laced mcginty, marabou damsel nymph, bristleback nymph, grizzly chick or any of the other ones I omitted just let me know. Thanks everyone for signing up. Once we get the 12th I'll send everyone a pm with my shipping info. Saw where we had at least one new person so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

#27 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:00 PM

My girlfriend is going to tie the 12th so we are officially full! PM will go out with the address in the next couple days.

#28 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:02 PM

Hey guys it's starting to warm back up so it would be a good time to start stocking up on warmwater flies. I have selected 12 flies from here http://www.warmwater...m/patterns4.asp
First come first serve on the fly selections. Well do 12 plus me so everyone will tie 12 flies. All regular rules apply. These flies are all fairly basic so this would be good for a beginner looking to get into a swap. Due date of April 15th.
SM: panfish polecat
1. Brim bug - islander727
2. cockaroo - CE
3. Teal of your color choice - mike west
4. Fox tail grub - breambuster
5. Gill getter - mainard
6. Brim special - vicente
7. Hum bug - colonelmel
8. Black gnat - foambug
9. March brown spider - dflanagan
10. Wooly worm - vicrider
11. Peacock soft hackle - flat rock native
12. Lacy gee's gimp - tomwarblee

#29 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:07 PM

Hey Mike your inbox is filled up but everyone else should have received pms with my address.

#30 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

My girlfriend is going to tie the 12th so we are officially full! PM will go out with the address in the next couple days.

Now you have me officially envying you. I am just happy my trophy wife supports my obsession. I cannot get close to doing any pottery to share with her passion. She fishes my flies, tho and I am grateful

SOUNDS like this is not a catch and release relationship. Best TO both of you

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming