Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Bugger swap

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Ok my last swap is finished up so I'm going to go ahead and open this one up. Due to the huge amount of interest it is most likely already full I will be posting a list of people who said they wanted to join along with messaging all of you I ask that you confirm it either via pm or here asap.
Swap rules 12 of the same for the main set, 3 wildcards
any kind of bugger is fine, articulated, bead head, cone head, on a jig hook,something that most closely resembles a bugger for the main lot including the traditional style chenille and hackle bugger is fine. For the 3 wild cards I ask that you make them a little fancy as far as buggers go.
Right now I am planning a march 31st due date if that is fine with everyone, please remember to put your screen name and real name on your box if possible. No need to share what kind of bugger your submitting but you can if you want.
1. Decisions, received 
2. Flat Rock Native, received
3. Dflanagan,received 
4. Dgh62,received
5. Moo-d, received
6. Eastern fly, received
7. Lil Dave, received
8. Jpm5107, received 
9. Nsillej, received
10. Fishingbobnelson, received
11. GP flyfisherman, received 
12. Wmw4, received
lost a member down to 12 for the main set. 

#2 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

I will not be adding anyone else to this swap unless over 4 of those listed do not wish too/are unable to participate. If people drop out I will reduce the numbers for the main set accordingly for the first week this is open. 

It looks like there are some new swappers in here please make sure you read the swap rules if you have any questions feel free to ask. 

#3 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

Love me some buggers, we have a local lake version here that I am going to tie for you.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#4 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:41 PM

I will not be adding anyone else to this swap unless over 4 of those listed do not wish too/are unable to participate.

Still in it, maybe best swap ever, hoping my buggers close to the standards set by these members.

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#5 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Definitely still in. Looks like I'm listed twice, though.

Any pointers on what's considered a fancy bugger? I'm still so new to tying lots of things seem pretty fancy to me. I want to make sure I'm meeting standards.

#6 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

only so many ways to make a bugger fancy, just something besides the basis chenille and hackle on a hook, add a bead head make an articulated one etc. I did indeed have you down twice. 

#7 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

I'm still in

Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#8 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

I'm in if the swap hasn't already closed. Cone head bugger

#9 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

I'm in if the swap hasn't already closed. Cone head bugger

Right now it's full if less then 12 of the people who already showed interest join I will let you know.

#10 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:09 AM

Will order some hooks and get to tying

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com

#11 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Excellent.

#12 Jpm5107

Jpm5107

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

I'm still in too.

#13 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Good to have you jpm.

#14 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Need a swaper.

#15 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

I'll get in on this if there is still room. Do the wild cards need to be a set of 3 or can they all be different buggers?