Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
stabgnid

Oh Snap !!

Well sitting here tying and I have lost a package of Rainbow Beads .. I think they got up and ran away !!! I just got them today !!

Steve-stabgnid

Been there done that. I went and bought stuff one day, sat at the bench to tie got fumbling around a bit and couldn't find my new supplies. After a few minutes of frustration and searching I realized I had left them in the center console of my car. Had a complete and total brain fart when I got home and forgot to bring them upstairs lol

This happens about everyday to me... At least since I retired ..Glad you found them, looking forward to seeing what you will create with them..Post em up... & Carry On

Been there done that. I went and bought stuff one day, sat at the bench to tie got fumbling around a bit and couldn't find my new supplies. After a few minutes of frustration and searching I realized I had left them in the center console of my car. Had a complete and total brain fart when I got home and forgot to bring them upstairs lol

josh, just so you know, I really dig your tie for v's favorite swap

I used the same sewing needle to apply head cement with for I bet 10 years, by always sticking it through my whip finisher envelope. It ( storing it that way) served two purposes , it kept track of the needle and it locked in the Matarelli inside the envelope when storing in my tying case. So in 30 years of tying, I guess maybe 4 needles have gone out of a package of sewing needles. Since I retired two years ago I've basically gone through the whole rest of the package of sewing needles. I have no clue where they get off to. Part of the reason is I've switched back to using either Sally's with the brush or super glue so I'm not constantly handling the needles to dip into my Rumpf. But mostly it's just me misplacing things. I won't bore everyone with the rest of things misplaced, many of us here know the scenario LOL !

Well sitting here tying and I have lost a package of Rainbow Beads .. I think they got up and ran away !!! I just got them today !!

Steve-stabgnid

Are you sure they were in the bag when you left the store? It's happened a few times, to me ... small items that show up somewhere on the cashier's area, accidentally NOT in the bag.

Steve-stabgnid

Are you sure they were in the bag when you left the store? It's happened a few times, to me ... small items that show up somewhere on the cashier's area, accidentally NOT in the bag.

I had them because I used one ... This is driving me crazy going to look some more tomorrow ..

Steve-stabgnid

I am sure I'm suggesting ideas you've already entertained ... but ... maybe not.

Trash can ... see if they were dropped in there by accident.

Behind ... anything they can drop behind, desk, cabinet or storage containers.

Kids ... if they're "pretty", then someone else might have decided, "I want those!"

Other materials ... when you used one, were you also using other materials? Did you put the other stuff away and perhaps include the beads.

Just trying to help.

FRN it's nothing more than an ice dub body, a white zoner strip, red schlappen, with a gold bead head, extremely easy to tie. It's tis on a 4xl streamer hook.

FRN it's nothing more than an ice dub body, a white zoner strip, red schlappen, with a gold bead head, extremely easy to tie. It's tis on a 4xl streamer hook.

Thank you for an attractive, well -tied addition. I know some fish that want to eat it, they need to settle for my copy ;)

FRN. They worked great in the oswego river this summer, caught everything from rock bass to smallmouth on them, I even hooked into and fought a gar on one that one was a hoot.

FRN. They worked great in the oswego river this summer, caught everything from rock bass to smallmouth on them, I even hooked into and fought a gar on one that one was a hoot.

Gar still on my to-do list, but found locale in Nebraska where I might be able to hook one. This fly going with me on next family reunion, thanks again