Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The Mighty Sculpin Swap

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Ok now let's see if enough want in for this one. I'm sure we all can use some. Due date open for now until I see how many may want in. 

SM.  easternfly                                       SWAP IS FULL    DUE DATE 30 APRIL

1.    vicente    here

2.    GP flyfisherman    here

3.    bertgwen    here

4.    vicrider

5.    rockworm    here

6.    mwfishyfishy    here

7.    guitarplayingfishingguy

https://www.instagram.com/eastern.fly/

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

Anyone can be a father. It takes a man to be a Dad! Kiss your kids today.

#2 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

I'm still in

#3 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

I'll join, tying a woolly bugger sculpin.

#4 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Ok we have a start.

Kevin

A Pitt fan, a Marshall fan, and a WVU fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team most. The Marshall fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells,"This is for Marshall!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done,The WVU fan next professes his love for his team. He screams,"This is for the Mountaineers!" and pushes the Pitt fan off the mountain.

#5 bertgwen

bertgwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

I'm in.  Are you limiting the pool to a certain size?  Need to figure out which pattern, and the size of the party may influence that decision. 

robert

#6 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'm in.  Are you limiting the pool to a certain size?  Need to figure out which pattern, and the size of the party may influence that decision. 

robert

Not yet, I want to see how it goes.

Kevin

#7 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

I have been looking for an excuse to order some sculpin heads and pick a nice pattern to take with me to the White or Little Red. This is a good excuse and to get a little variety in there. Hoping to go in April or May so hopefully have them in time. If not then I'll still have a few of my own. So yes, I'd like to join.

#8 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

I will give it a few days to see what we get. I also need to get materials this week. If the number stays low maybe we can get a quick turn around.

Kevin

#9 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'm in. With a traditional Muddler Minnow.

#10 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

I'm in. With a traditional Muddler Minnow.

Ok thanks for getting in.

Kevin

#11 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:34 AM

So far the number is low. What are some ideas and thoughts for the swap? 

Kevin

#12 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

Give it a couple more days to fill, I would be ok with a five or six person swap.

#13 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Kevin

Kevin, I would normally jump right in but afraid I have overcommitted myself (many swaps since Jan) and decent fishing weather is finally upon me...Still if the due date was, say May 15, I would likely be unable to resist... But 7 Weeks out is not fair to folks that want to fish these patterns much sooner.

You might also rule that hooks be Saltwater friendly so patterns have crossover appeal, not usually much Salt Swapping on the board.

FWIW

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#14 eastern fly

eastern fly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:47 PM

Kevin

Kevin, I would normally jump right in but afraid I have overcommitted myself (many swaps since Jan) and decent fishing weather is finally upon me...Still if the due date was, say May 15, I would likely be unable to resist... But 7 Weeks out is not fair to folks that want to fish these patterns much sooner.

You might also rule that hooks be Saltwater friendly so patterns have crossover appeal, not usually much Salt Swapping on the board.

FWIW

I like the idea, anyone can use a hook of that type. I will give it a few more days then go with what we have and maybe have a quick turnaround.

Kevin

#15 Decisions

Decisions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

As mush as I would like to, I will have to pass. Got too much on my plate now and that dam 4 letter word (work) is catching up to me now. Tis the season....

My passion is my wife and then my fishing. Sometimes she thinks it is the other way around.

Living in Southern Ontario, close to Rice Lake.