Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Quills and Biots Swap

Quill or Biot body flies only

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

I hate like everything that I missed this swap. I was away on vacation in a spot without internet access. I got the message on my cell phone, but couldn't get logged into FTF on my cell. I even sent Vicrider a message on Facebook, telling him to tell Bob to sign me up. But I guess he didn't get my message. I even had a pattern picked out and everything. But, oh well, better luck next time. That's what I get for going on vacation. Hope you guys have a great swap.

Take care

BB

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#17 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Anybody have a problem with adding BB to the swap?  It means we tie 13 flies.  I'll add him tonight unless some objects.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#18 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

BB,

Tried to send you a PM. but your inbox is full.

Bob

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#19 1hook

1hook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

im fine with adding him

#20 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

No problem here !!

Steve-stabgnid

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#21 Dubs

Dubs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

Put him in

#22 jburge

jburge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Let him in. Put that boy to work. Ha!

#23 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

Of course let him in.

#24 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

OK Gang I added Breambuster to the mix so we tie 13 flies and you will not get your own back.

Fishing Bob

#25 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:32 AM

Bob. You misunderstood.

I don't have the materials or know of patterns for this.

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com

#26 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:55 AM

i'll take an alternate position only (not asking to be added to the swap) if someone drops out

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#27 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

Flytire. Please take mine. While i really want to see the flies i am nkt going to be able to participate to the level needed.

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com

#28 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

thanks but i'll let bob and the other swappers decide

i may not be the only alternate

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#29 breambuster

breambuster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Hey Guys, thanks for letting me in. I didn't expect that. But since I'm in, I will be tying the Sulfur Dun CDC Puff.

Take care

BB 

Remember the 3 "R"s. Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for all your actions.

#30 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:39 AM

OK Gang, I think we are set now, Li'l Dave has requested to be removed and I have added Flytire.  I had no idea this swap would be so popular.  I can't wait to see what everybody ties.

Fishing Bob