Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Purchasing tungston beads

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mainard

Mainard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

I am looking into buying some tungsten beads in several sizes and colors and was wondering where any of you purchase yours. Of course looking for best price . Thanks

#2 Jaydub

Jaydub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Allen Fly Fishing or Canadian Llama.

#3 islander727

islander727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

I like these guys http://www.wholesaleflycompany.com/

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:57 AM

dont overlook the bead traders on ebay for low prices

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#5 David 82nd

David 82nd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

I like these guys http://www.wholesaleflycompany.com/

This site looks good, very nice prices, I. Getting ready to do a large order myself , re-loading my boxes/ w bead heads , and hooks
I'm thinking you've done / Buisness, with them before ? Good experience?

#6 Wetsock

Wetsock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Has anyone tried the hooks form wholesaleflycompany,how would you rete them? Great price on hooks think or trying them out

#7 Mainard

Mainard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

Wholesell fly company looks to good to be true. Has anyone done business with them?

#8 David 82nd

David 82nd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

Kind of what I was looking at as well, the website seems okay , but I have no idea where this company is located , and the Hooks aren't listed as any brand ,only size ,/ type ? Kind of scratching my head on this ?

#9 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,387 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

Islander says "I like these guys".  

I'll say, "If he likes them, they're good to go!"

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#10 sagriver

sagriver

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

I have had good luck with riplips.  Advertises on ebay and has a web site as well.  Have to buy lots of 100.  Flyshack has decent beads at reasonable prices if you want lots of 25.  Also, wide variety of colors.  Slotted beads in the regular and odd colors at tactical fly fisher (50/pk) and competitive angler (25/pk).  Al;so check out theflyfishingstore.  .  After my first order, they sent me a code for 10% off of the next two orders.  I think the best quality for the price was tactical fly fisher, competitive angler and theflyfishingstore.  All the usual places (stockard etc.) sell 25/pk.

#11 islander727

islander727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Wholesell fly company looks to good to be true. Has anyone done business with them?

Yes!  Great experience with them.  Good products.

#12 Idaho RC

Idaho RC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

I have always bought my beads at The Fly Fishing Store.  I haven't price shopped him in a long time but his prices always seemed fair and never had an issue to go anywhere else.  I won't buy anywhere else unless I have a pretty good reason.  

#13 NohackleHS

NohackleHS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

I've also had good experience with the Fly Fishing Store.  On one of my orders they made a mistake.  Not only did they correct the mistake, the sent me a pair of scissors as part of their apology.  It's been many years since I've had a company go that far out of the way to make a customer happy.

#14 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

just ordered 100 brass coneheads and 100 brass dumbbell eyes from wholesaleflycompany.com. $15 with shipping -- not bad. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#15 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:05 AM

just as a follow-up to my earlier post, I received my dumbbell eyes and cone heads from wholesaleflycompany.com just a few days after placing my order. They look to be of very good quality. Not only that, but they sent me a "sampler pack" of all 16 of their different hook models, one of each, and they look good enough that I think I'll be ordering hooks from them the next time I need some. Perhaps my favorite thing about them is that they don't charge a flat shipping fee so that you end up paying more for shipping than you do for the stuff you order. The beads and coneheads, for example, shipped to me in Holland, MI for about $3. I just placed another order last night for some black mono eyes, a $3 item, and shipping on that was $2, I think. They seem to be a very customer-oriented company and I will be doing more business with them in the future.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman