Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Wanna do the EuroOrBust swap...

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#16 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Just moved to a new house. My materials are still in boxes all over the place, but my tying station is almost operational. So count me in. 

Pattern to be determined by what material I can find amongst the mess!

#17 Mandog

Mandog

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

Please count me in

#18 jjs89yj

jjs89yj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

I'm in

#19 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Now that's the attitude Rockworm. I just had a bunch of kids and their folks over for grand daughters birth day party (9 years old) With 20 monsters running around the kid's room and my tie table and all my goodies packed into the corner I did a thorough cleaning job and vacuuming before the chit hit the fan...I mean before the party started. Otherwise I'd just finished up the bass swap creature flies, the snook streamers, and a dozen flies for Dave's swap that fell through. I'm sure I could have completed this swap just off the top of the table and a sweeping of the floor but unfortunately had to sacrifice all the scrape, many usable, to get the area safe for kids bumping into and knocking stuff over.

2 more spots to fill with a top line of tiers already in and me (someone has to fill that "adequate" spot). It's an interesting idea eurobust came up with and we should have some things to throw at those fish that have seen "everything".

#20 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,156 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

oh alright. i'll play along on this one

i'll create some kind of trout fly work of art smile.png

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#21 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

All right. One to go.

#22 EuroOrBust

EuroOrBust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Awesome!

#23 rich mc

rich mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

ill take the last spot  i have a small original minnow pattern  rich mc

#24 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

Thanks Rich, you filled us out. Lots of guys are going to wish they'd have jumped in after I get pics of the flies we end up with. I finished up everything I'm in right now and got a start on this one already. I'll just give a little hint but I guarantee you will be surprised at my offering (IF it works out). I had a chance to get to the tying desk while wife had grandkids in town shopping and got a whole bunch of size 24 midge hooks fitted with 1.5mm beads. That's only the first step in the process. Next will come fitting chenille, marabou, hackle and wings on that hook...well...maybe not.

#25 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

Dang vicrider, I missed the boat by about 3 days, getting discharged from cancer center (for good outcomes) on Thursday.

How about you make this a BAKER'S Dozen;  I know it breaks your routine swap- modis operandi- but ................................................ ?

Thanks, FRN on the mend.....!

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#26 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

Okay, guys. See the above post. I don't like swap where you get up into 15-20 area but if everyone is okay with it I'd like to get FRN into this swap to celebrate his fighting off the Big C into remission and let him get back to the vise. Having been through what he has he won't be doing much fishing (I know that game) but could do some thinking about it while tying. It really only involves tying the dozen flies most people think of in a swap with a dozen anyway and if nothing else take that first practice fly and put my name on it. It's all good to me.

Nick

Sorry, sometimes my addition is bad. We need a baker's dozen, or thirteen flies in, and get 13 back, with none of your own.

#27 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,156 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

flat rock

take my spot

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#28 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

I'm fine with a baker's dozen.

#29 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:56 AM

No way flytire, I been angling for one of your originals since about 2009.................... :) :) :)

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#30 GP flyfisherman

GP flyfisherman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

I'm good V.