Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hooked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 William Turner

William Turner

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

OK, Spent most of the camping trip showing guests different bugs in the river and then explaining to them about hatches when the fish started jumping in the river that afternoon, Then while cleaning out the pool for the grandkids  today I was more interested in showing them nympths and dead spinners that I was scooping out of the pool. Then after tying my first elk hair caddis I spent five minutes chasing a caddis fly around my garage so I could show them what a real one looked like. Yeah I have fly tying and fly fishing on the brain.

#2 Tom Cummings

Tom Cummings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:03 AM

Sounds like you had a packed week with experiences. Nice story.

#3 caloosa bug

caloosa bug

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

I feel your pain. Tying and fishing is always on the brain here.

Are you bootstrap bill? Or the "William Turner" who gets the pretty girl to fall for a pirate?  

. Welcome to the obsession.