Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The New and Improved Fly Swap

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Phase 1 done

IMG_9368.jpg

#17 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Okay guys, this thread has been up for one week as of today and we're currently at 9 total participants (including the SM), with one slot remaining that could be filled. If no one else signs up before I leave work at 6:00 tonight, I'm going to go ahead and call it full, and we'll each do 16 flies (8 originals and 8 variants).

Thanks to all who have joined so far -- I am looking forward to seeing all of your flies!

Bryon

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#18 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:44 AM

Mike West your Stimulators look great! :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#19 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Mike West your Stimulators look great! :)

Thx..., Took me three tries to get the proportions right.
I probably haven't tried this patteren in 15 to 20 years. I didn't have the highest quality brown grizzly hackle either but they came out OK

#20 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Pursuant to my post of yesterday -- no one claimed the final spot, so I am closing the swap with 9 participants (including SM) -- we will each tie 16 flies (8 originals and 8 variants) and have them to the SM by October 15. I will send a PM to all participants shortly with my mailing address.

#21 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

Bruce Derington -- I was not able to send you the PM that I sent everyone else with my mailing address. I tried twice, and both times got a message that you were not able to receive new messages. I'm not sure if your mailbox is full or what, but if you could find a way to PM me I can get you that information.

Thanks,

Bryon

#22 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

I will be tying Polly Rosborough's Muskrat Nymph. The original with the fur (muskrat/beaver/hare) noodle. And my own variation.  

#23 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

I will be tying Polly Rosborough's Muskrat Nymph. The original with the fur (muskrat/beaver/hare) noodle. And my own variation.  

Sounds good rockworm, I look forward to seeing your flies. :)

#24 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Okay, well, I've now gotten PMs from several people saying they didn't get my group PM with my mailing address, so I'm going to go back in and send it to each of you individually. I apologize if this results in some of you getting a duplicate message, but I want to make sure everyone has the info.

#25 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

Trouta_Control your Yellow Sallies arrived today. Nice job!

#26 Trouta_Control

Trouta_Control

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:11 AM

Trouta_Control your Yellow Sallies arrived today. Nice job!

Glad they made it safe! After seeing Mike West's stimulators I'm excited to see everyone else's flies!

#27 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

Finished mine up last night . I'll get them to the post office in the next day or two.

#28 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

Sounds good Mike, I will post to this thread when they arrive. Thanks!

#29 EuroOrBust

EuroOrBust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

Finished mine up last night, should have them out this week

#30 Bruce Derington

Bruce Derington

Advanced Member

• Members