Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

The New and Improved Fly Swap

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 EuroOrBust

EuroOrBust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Sorry guys, my fault on the delay. I guess I made a mistake in the address, they were returned to me today via USPS. I will have them back out in the mail by the weekend with the correct address!

#47 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for keeping us posted (pun not intended :) )  EuroOrBust. I will keep an eye out for your flies. Once they arrive, I will post to this thread indicating that I've received them, and, also when I expect to mail everyone's flies out.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#48 EuroOrBust

EuroOrBust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for keeping us posted (pun not intended smile.png )  EuroOrBust. I will keep an eye out for your flies. Once they arrive, I will post to this thread indicating that I've received them, and, also when I expect to mail everyone's flies out.

In the mail! Let me know if you want the tracking #

#49 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

EuroOrBust your flies arrived last night. I will get everything sorted and fly sets on the way back to everyone no later than Saturday.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#50 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

All right folks, the fly sets are all packaged up and will go into the mail tomorrow! Thanks to everyone for some excellent work and a fun swap to host. :)

#51 Bruce Derington

Bruce Derington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Rec"d mine on Sat. Thanks for hosting this swap

#52 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Wife picked up a great bunch of flies today. Wish I'd have had a few on the White. Don't know if would have helped but would have fished flies I knew who tied. I did fish many swap flies but once they hit my fly boxes I forget who tied them. Small beadheads from swaps and my vise caught most fish but the Wooly Bugger variant I tied for this swap also caught and lost a few fish.

#53 Trouta_Control

Trouta_Control

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 06:54 AM

Just received my set of flies. These look great! Awesome job, guys. Thanks for letting me participate!

#54 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Got mine yesterday.....nice job guys.
I dont have it in front of me right now but who tied that tiny little thing?
Thanks for reminding me how old I am and the fact I cant see
😉

#55 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

I believe that was EuroOrBust's pattern -- impresssive, no doubt!

#56 EuroOrBust

EuroOrBust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

That'd be mine, #20 DaiRiki 125's

#57 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

Picked mine up today really nice work everyone, thanks for hosting Bryon.

#58 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

Just received mine. Nice set. Thanks to the swapmeister.