Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Poopdeck

I learned something this Labor Day weekend

I thought I could to until I followed up a Jersey dog, BLT crepe, and mint chocolate chip cup cake with an order of chicken and waffles. I could have done without the chicken and waffles but everything was go damn good.

When we used to go to a lot of motorcycle rallies there was always a bunch of food vendors. Nothing like the MN State Fair where you get any food product in the world fried on a stick but still a good supply. What I would do to keep control was go get a big, juicy, fresh out of the smoker turkey leg. This would keep me gnawing for an hour until I had nothing left but bones and by then I able to walk past all the BBQ shacks. I would always get hooked on some of the "Cajun" specialties and I never could handle spicy foods well but couldn't resist their cooking.

So many people worrying about eating the wrong things, quitting their bad habits, working out ... and everyone of them will, someday, die anyway.

I quit worrying about it. I don't eat too much at every meal or anything, but I don't avoid all the great tastes at fairs, buffets, picnics or any other event with food. (never been, nor will I go to a truck rally)

Mike, I never worry about food. My belly proves that. But if alcohol is a problem you have to deal with it or face consequences. If it's not a problem have at it. As for smoking or chewing, it's just such an obnoxious habit to participate or have around I'd encourage anyone to give that up. Just ask my wife...I've been trying to get her to quit for 43 years.

As for working out, people talk about the euphoric high they get as they go into the zone when they're working out or running. Most of them don't realize that's being caused the oxygen loss to the brain while your overworked heart is trying to get blood to all those muscles you're overworking.

As for everyone of them will, someday, day anyway, that's not a given. It's only past history that seems to indicate that. As for me I plan to live forever...so far so good.

Mmmm.... picnic and food trucks. Call my cardiologist and get the table ready! (again) I don't plan on being that healthy and dying of nothing.

Mike, this was the first food truck rally I ever went to. Not the first food truck I ever went to but it's the first rally. I've been eating from food trucks and carts my whole life, long before they became trendy. Now I'm not talking about a gut truck that has some prepackaged crap and bad coffee. I love a good food truck. They usually only have a few things but they specialize in those few things so the few things are typically the best of those things you will ever find.

The rally itself was fun. A lot of people brought their bag chairs and were siting around on the grass in the shade eating. Next one I go to I'm bringing a chair so I can relax and maybe spread the feeding out a little. I would recommend trying one if you like really good food from around the world.

Oh, wait !

A FOOD TRUCK rally. I missed it and read just "truck rally".

I'd be very into a food truck rally.

Dang Poopdeck, I've been to a lot of rallies where they have food trucks but never a rally for food trucks. Every Monday in town here there is a couple of guys the roll in with a fairly big camper food truck and set up on the corner not far from us. They have some of the best ribs you could ever ask for, smoked sausage absolutely delicious, and pull pork my wife loves. I'm the ribs and sausage guy. I don't know where they get the ribs from but there'a meat on them then you'd normally have anywhere else and its smoked to point of literally falling off the bone. He get our business every Monday and when guests are at the house we'll drive the 30 miles or so during the week when he's at different towns just so the guests can taste the great BBQ they offer.