Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

The Animas river is a tough river, but when you catch fish, they are good sized and energetic fish!  I have had some trouble catching fish during the summer months here on the river, due to the season's high water flows.  I thought taking a float boat would help give us some more luck.  However this was not the case.  

While we didn't hook any fish on the boat, we did have a great time.  Weston was in the kayak the entire time, and said he loved it!  It was fun, and sorta like a roller coaster.  

After the float trip was over, we still had some daylight, so we went to wade a spot we saw coming down on the float trip.  It looked good, but we didnt catch any.  Colin though hooked a decent fish, that started jumping like a tarpon.  It really was an amazing site to see.  

Overall we had a great time.  Even though there weren't any fish in the net, it was enjoyable just being on the water, and with some great company.  I think even Matt had a good time while floating us.  He was very skilled, and made for a fun day.  

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fly fishing, animas river, float boat, float fishing, floating down river, fishing animas, trout, brown trout