Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Classic wet fly swap interest?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Anyone interested in tying up some classic wet flies? I liked atxdiscgolfer's idea of the classic salmon fly swap but with the material requirements I'm out of that game for a while. So I figured the next best thing would be wet flies. Looks like a lot of the same or very similar techniques involved. Leadwing and royal coachman, silver doctor, blae and black, etc....Flies like these is what I'm thinking.

Any takers?

#2 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Would this include the coffin fly?

Change of plan I'd be in with the Blae & Black

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

like these?

http://hatchesmagazi...man-collection/

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#4 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

like these?

http://hatchesmagazi...man-collection/

Yep. As simple or complex as folks want to make them. Not even really concerned with specific patterns...just looking for flies tied in the style.

#5 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

This one I'm in for sure. I could cheat and send a dozen I have sitting on the shelf for a different swap that didn't go but I'll do something fresh off the vise.

#6 dflanagan

dflanagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Looks like a bit of interest so far. Thanks, guys. What's everyone think about a October 20 due date?

I'll post up the actual swap thread with due date and everything else.