Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Start thinking Christmas Swap

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 Kudu

Kudu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Vic
Mailed priority. Included a book of stamps in case someone was light on postage. There is a little gift for you in there as well. Thanks for undertaking the most difficult of swaps for the swapmeister.

#92 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Thanks Kudu. Stamps should be well covered in this swap. People are being more generous this year. Better economy? JOKING... As far as gifts for SM, yes there were a couple I glommed on to but for the most part everything extra in envelopes except money went into a big box of goodies. I am hoping I don't just send someone's gift back to them but if I do it is an accident of chance but as I fill envelopes going out I will just grab a few items from the goodies box and include them. Pure chance on those items and there were some who sent a lot of nice stuff to go out to members. Funny thing is that as I have done for a few years I ordered a Christmas package from the Mad Scientist to include with gifts so everyone should have a couple of items under the tree. Maybe someone else can run a swap for flies tied using something in the Christmas packages.

As far as those including extra flies, these with one exception for display I have put back into boxes. My need of flies is minimal and my desire to gift this Christmas is great so it should be a good year under the trees.

Nick

#93 Kudu

Kudu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

Vic
Please keep its fresh roasted and ground Baxters coffee, Lake Cumberland Blend. Its for you bud.

#94 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

Kudu, I don't know why that didn't hit me right away. I've actually ordered from them a few times and yes...even though I'm no coffee connoisseur but Baxer's was good. Hard to keep in mind ordering and run out from coffee jar and had to break down and get store coffee. If I read you right it will be used. Tried a few and only I didn't care for was their Morning Blend. I told the wife they should rename it the Morning Bland. I mix my coffee kind of on the weak side and that one just didn't have the taste of their other blends I tried. 

Thanks, Nick

ps...Or just thinking about being fair to all I could toss a few scoops in the envelope along with hair and dubbings..........

#95 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

Guys, this swap has some extraordinary boxes for some lucky swappers. All of the boxes are great and I'll be putting on a separate thread soon to try to give a few options. There has also been a really large amount of goodies come in to add to the Christmas stockings. Not quite sure how I'm going to work that out but my plan now is to put everything in a box along with the Mad Scientist Gift Box stuff I ordered and make sure everyone gets a couple of random items to go under the tree also. On these items too if I can make it work I'll try to give a little choice in what you really use at your desk.

By the way, picked up like seven packages today from PO plus the return of those great steelhead hair wing flies from atx's swap. Great day.

Nick

#96 Camo Clad Warrior

Camo Clad Warrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

I am glad it all worked out Vicrider. I am also looking forward to getting my package with some new flies to try out.

Thanks for hosting.

"Noone who does not know how to catch a fish should be able to disgrace it by catching it."

"Casting is an art that is performed on a 4 count rythm between 4 o'clock and 2 o'clock."

#97 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

Now we need to address the slackers...by your head count 6 have missed the dead line.
🤔

#98 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

Couple have theirs in the mail, couple had personal reasons to drop but I think I took them off, otherwise we'll still have a great swap out of this.

#99 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

YEW!!  Best part of Christmas is this swap.

Dave Little
Club President, North Queensland Fly Fishers Inc.
www.nqflyfishers.com

#100 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

This is my first swap and I am getting really excited about it.
Thanks Vic for hosting. I am starting to understand what a pain it may be.
Bimini15

#101 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

👍