Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fishing Private Land on the San Juan!

fly fishing san juan river private land fishing private land

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:53 PM

As to the crowds on the SJR, if you hang around the Kittie/Kiddie Pool you will have lots of company.  I have found that if you hike downstream a ways, the crowds will thin out, at least that is my recollection of condtions about ten years ago.  I'll be there in a few weeks and I may be singing a different tune when I get back.

I plan on fishing the lower end of the river this time.  

If you're coming in a few weeks it will not be as busy, and it's always less busy down stream from T-hole. So you will have less stress for sure! Haha

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

#17 Patriot

Patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

If you're coming in a few weeks it will not be as busy, and it's always less busy down stream from T-hole. So you will have less stress for sure! Haha

I hope you're right.  I can't wait to get my feet wet again. Pun intended.biggrin.png

Perhaps I'll run into you, if you're on the water.

#18 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:38 AM

I hope you're right.  I can't wait to get my feet wet again. Pun intended.biggrin.png

Perhaps I'll run into you, if you're on the water.

I work at float n fish, which is a fly shop on the San Juan, so maybe I'll see ya there also. They have the best selection there in my opinion, and the owner keeps the prices very reasonable also. I'm the guy with the big red beard, so you will know it's me if I'm working. Say hi!

www.McFlyAngler.com

#19 Patriot

Patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

I work at float n fish, which is a fly shop on the San Juan, so maybe I'll see ya there also. They have the best selection there in my opinion, and the owner keeps the prices very reasonable also. I'm the guy with the big red beard, so you will know it's me if I'm working. Say hi!

Glad you brought up, FnF - it would be awesome if their website were interactive.  I have noticed that you carry Lagartun wire, but there is no way to purchase it on line, that I could figure out anyway.  You may, in fact, not have any in stock, but at any rate, IMO, you're probably losing a lot of sales if we cannot purchase on-line.

Is FnF part of Abe's or not affiliated at all?

Yes, I'll recognize the red beard.  I will introduce myself if I see you.  I do plan to drop into the FnF fly shop when I get there.

Thanks for the info.

#20 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

Glad you brought up, FnF - it would be awesome if their website were interactive.  I have noticed that you carry Lagartun wire, but there is no way to purchase it on line, that I could figure out anyway.  You may, in fact, not have any in stock, but at any rate, IMO, you're probably losing a lot of sales if we cannot purchase on-line.

Is FnF part of Abe's or not affiliated at all?

Yes, I'll recognize the red beard.  I will introduce myself if I see you.  I do plan to drop into the FnF fly shop when I get there.

Thanks for the info.

I've been begging my boss to get an E-commerce site up. He has great prices and selection. I think the online thing would do well for him. Maybe at one point I can talk him into it.

Yes I believe we do have that wire. You can always call in and we can take orders on the phone.

No we aren't associated with Abe's.

www.McFlyAngler.com

#21 Patriot

Patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

I've been begging my boss to get an E-commerce site up. He has great prices and selection. I think the online thing would do well for him. Maybe at one point I can talk him into it.

Yes I believe we do have that wire. You can always call in and we can take orders on the phone.

I'll be sure to drop in and maybe I'll have a chance to talk to him.  I really think you may be missing out on some on-line sales.

#22 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

I'll be sure to drop in and maybe I'll have a chance to talk to him.  I really think you may be missing out on some on-line sales.

I do website development, believe me, I know the potential. Haha. In fact I offered to do it for him, he is interested but still can't seem to talk him into making the move you know? Oh well.

www.McFlyAngler.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fly fishing, san juan river, private land, fishing private land