Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Show your bench

bench photos

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Mike, I love the built-in trash can. I wanted to do something just like that on my tying desk, but the entire work surface sits over one drawer or another, so unless I want to designate one of them a "trash drawer", it will have to wait until my woodworking skills are up to building a custom tying desk. Not only that, my current desk is an old wooden Steelcase office desk that I inherited from my Mom when I left home for college. It has a solid walnut top and I'm pretty sure she'd disown me if I cut a hole in it. :)

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#17 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:25 PM

This is then...

Attached File  E4A01592-484A-425A-8304-9CFD3105158A.jpeg   146.48KB   0 downloads

This is now...

Attached File  46A15E58-ED33-4AE9-9089-9808004E8B67.jpeg   162.79KB   0 downloads

But one day... One day...! I am going to make this mobile standing station...

Attached File  1590C6ED-37C1-4B00-8546-ACAB4153325D.png   112.24KB   0 downloads
Bimini15

#18 xterrabill

xterrabill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

guitar or bass? may I ask?

I am no longer a screw up, I am an experienced screw up.

#19 onebadmofo

onebadmofo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:40 PM

Ashamed to show my bench, I found it on the side of the road and rebuilt it. It is not much to look at but it serves it's purpose.

#20 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

Xterra,
Guitar, but it is my daughter’s.
My music playing pales in comparison to even my fly tying.
Bimini15

#21 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

Hey onebadmofo, those are the best kind!

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous

"Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"                                                                            

#22 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Sorry double post
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#23 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

My man cave/tying "area" is prolly best described as "organized chaos" most of the time. Every now and then everything is put up and truly organized but gets outa hand in the heat of the "battle" guickly....
IMG_1830.png

IMG_1828.png

IMG_1829.png
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#24 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,429 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

My man cave/tying "area" is prolly best described as "organized chaos" most of the time.

Reminds me of a meme Wife showed me. 

Attached File  meme.jpg   31.07KB   0 downloads

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#25 Tom Cummings

Tom Cummings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Mine is mobile. Serves me on the water job site or when at home. Backpack stuffed to the max that sometimes I think new materials won't fit in lol. Was gonna get another vise a regal but now I have just Saturday to fish rest is working days 14 to 16 hours a day. Not much time to make a store run after lol. Bars are fun to tie at VFW post is too dimley lit to tie in.

#26 Tom Cummings

Tom Cummings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

Tie a great deal of flies here at Ottes Tavern in Delran NJ. Also don't get to go home with all them as I get way too much attention but a lot are put in shadow boards by avid fly fishers so at a later date they can make what I have made. Makes me happy.

Attached Files

#27 Patriot

Patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

Are you kidding?  I need a shovel everytime I sit down to tie.  What a mess! 

In a month or so - after I return from the San Juan River, I will really get organized.  I have an idea some of you may like for organizing your spools and bobbins.  The prototype is coming together now.

Thanks!

#28 Noahguide

Noahguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Tying bench and storage.

Attached Files

#29 Tom Cummings

Tom Cummings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

My bench has this. Menu rotates. 32 on tap and more hard than I can count

Attached Files

#30 Philly

Philly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Mine is a disaster area

Center and left side

Attached File  005.JPG   132.74KB   1 downloads

right side of the room(mainly material and hook storage area

Attached File  008.JPG   116.68KB   0 downloads

Main tying area.  I think the "desk" was my grandmother's  used to have a mirror  mounted on it.

Attached File  011.JPG   133.29KB   1 downloads

"All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."