Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Dyna-King

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deaddrifter

deaddrifter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

I wanted to give some recognition to Dyna-King.  I have a Trekker that I have had for close to 6 years.  One of the locking hand screws had somehow developed a burr and would no longer tighten.  I emailed the company asking how I could buy a new one and they immediately shipped me a new one free of charge.  The only question they asked was to verify they were sending me exactly what I needed.  It's a small thing, but I really appreciate that level of customer service even for their more entry level vises.    

#2 Mogup

Mogup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

I've dealt with them on the phone and got a very favorable impression.

#3 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,929 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

Good to see a positive feedback for a company. Too often only the negative makes the news.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#4 wademan

wademan

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:04 AM

​Just got the Barracuda Dyna-King, and I am very pleased with the vise.  It is made very well ( American Made ). I am in the process of getting use to its workings.

#5 Mogup

Mogup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Great vise wademan . Hope u enjoy many hrs with it.

#6 wademan

wademan

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

​Mogup, Thank-you for the good wishes.  A good feature is its weight.  The vise does not move about when putting tension on the hook.  I tye mainly saltwater flies, hope to do some for Peacock bass.

​Tight Lines

wademan

#7 Mogup

Mogup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

I tie a lot of SW myself and there could'nt be a better vise for that purpose but it ties everything else as well . Now get some bright lights so you can see all your mistakes ! Lol

#8 harleyhunter

harleyhunter

It only rains on my fishing days.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

Dyna king is awesome IMO. I have an Ultimate Indexer and I absolutely loved tying on it. This weekend I will tye the first fly I have tied in 5 years or so, hopefully this is like riding a bike.
Genesis 1:20-23 KJV

#9 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,437 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

More like a unicycle.  You'll still have the "mechanical" ability, but you'll have to relearn the balance.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#10 AK Skim

AK Skim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

I have dealt with them in the past and found the same high quality of customer service as well.