Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

St Croix 1pc spin rod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,480 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

While most of my customers are fly rod customers I do get a number of spin rods builds each year. This one is for my neighbor next to my cabin. It's a St Croix 1pc blank with split Winn grips, I did an abalone inlay between the rear grips. Guides are the Airwave guide system wrapped in black with two different colors of metallic blue to help pick up the shades of blue in the Winn grips, plus some spiral overwrapping.

BTW Mike there's so much blue on this one you may need a bib looking at it! LOL ;)
H2Z5FL.jpg
6SBKq3.jpg
4uXpgf.jpg
2xdrd9.jpg
IvzoxO.jpg
2loJi9.jpg
iFrbWz.jpg

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#2 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

One cool looking rod!
Bimini15

#3 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

ohmy.png I'm at WORK !!!  sad.png I can't see the pictures on the company network !!!  dry.png  

wink.png I can hardly wait until I get back to the hotel to get a good look at this !!!

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#4 Kudu

Kudu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

Bam! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Like that a lot! I bet it can bomb some casts!

#5 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:46 AM

Yep!  It's ALMOST got enough blue.  I did have to change my shirt after looking at it for a minute.  LOVE the handles ... and the section in the fighting butt.

Close to perfect !!!

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#6 islander727

islander727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:50 AM

Nice!