Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Favorite UV Resin?

opinion uvresin

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 whatfly

whatfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

5-minute epoxy or brush-on superglue. 

In those odd situations where I cannot afford to wait, the Loon products are at the right price point and come in the right viscountcies.  Ridiculous how much UV acrylics cost (check out Solarez' price on UV surf board repair products for a better idea of their real value) however, and considering that convenience is their only advantage and they have several disadvantages over epoxy, I mostly stick with traditional solutions

#17 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

I am surprised more people didn't mention Silver Creek's products. He is a board member and I have very good luck with his product and when I've had a mixup or problem he personally took care of it. So great customer service. If there is anything that might get me to change it is the smell of his product. His flex and thin got progressively stinkier from his original bonding formula.

#18 Brodrash

Brodrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:06 PM

My favorite is the wifes uv nail gel, only because instead of "begging" for cash I can just say " why don't you pick up some nail polish in so and so color!" Its a win win !