Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Hamilton Co., TN

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Anyone know of any warmwater fishing opportunities in and around Hamilton County, Tennesee? I'm heading up next friday and satying until thanksgiving withn a good friend. We plan to fly fish and use tenkara, hoping to get into some panfish and bass, would really love some smallies!

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous

"Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"                                                                            

#2 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,408 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:50 PM

I don't know about the fishing ... but be sure to take Winter weather clothes.  It can be 50 one day, 0 the next up there.

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:13 PM

Will do, Mike! May be spending some nights in a hammock!

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift, thats why they call it the present." - Anonymous

"Snakes are first cowards, then bluffers, and last of all warriors." - Clifford Pope

"To him, all good things -trout as well as eternal salvation- come by grace, and grace comes by art, and art does not come easy." - Norman Maclean  "A River Runs Through It"                                                                            

#4 phg

phg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

What city/town is in Hamilton Co.?  I know a fair bit of eastern TN, but I don't pay much attention to the county names.

#5 Kudu

Kudu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

Chattanooga area I think

#6 Fisherboy0301

Fisherboy0301

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

Yep Chattanooga area.