Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Feather Emporium - HEADS UP!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Patriot

Patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

I like your web page. You don't see many folks dedicate a web page to a trip. The flies look great.

Thank you for your very kind words.  

I'm headed back to those same waters in about 5 minutes.  I hope to have more content to add to that page upon my return next week.  

I'm also hoping that the "old Red Quill" will prove worthy on the waters of the San Juan River as it did last time.  Will know more soon enough.

Best!

#17 Pompom

Pompom

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:15 AM

Admin edit- You are done!

#18 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,387 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

We don't "detest" new people, Pompom.  It's just that we won't let this site become your own personal attack venue.

Stop, or you will be banned from the site.

Please, stay and join the conversations.  Just drop the "Avenger" attitude towards Feather Emporium.  We all agree that there are problems.  It's unfortunate, since F.E. has always had a GREAT reputation up to this point.

So again, we've heard enough.

Barbed hooks rule!

My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.

Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#19 Patriot

Patriot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

I returned from my second week on the San Juan River in Northern New Mexico yesterday afternoon - 19NOV17 - and wanted to make everyone aware of the following:

My last order from Feather Emporium was delivered last week while I was away.  My wife thought it arrived on Wednesday or Thursday of last week.

So, to be clear: my first and third orders have been delivered, the second order was not.  Also, and this may mean absolutely nothing, but my first order was preceded with a "Shipped" email with tracking info. The last order had none of that, which lead me to think that it was not going to be delievered.  However, it was delivered, sans the "Shipped" email notice.

When I placed my first order I had to call him because his website would not save items in my cart nor could I  "Check out".  He was puzzled by that and said something about "cookies".  I tried again a few days later and was finally able to finalize my order.  I did not have this issue with my last two orders.  

Could the FE website have an issue that is partly or wholly to blame for the issues we are all experiencing?  I really do not know.

Later this week, I am going to place another order for a starling skin and see if that gets delivered.  I may be a fool, but IMO,  FE has a ton of items that we fly tyer's cherish, so I am more than willing to overlook the missing second order, place another order, and hope for the best.

Lastly, in terms of email follow-ups, ie, "Shipped" notices, etc., and delivery times, FE is inconsistent.  I don't think that can be debated.  But, as noted above, I plan on giving FE another chance and will follow up with the results of that tranaction as it occurs.

Thanks!

#20 Bimini15

Bimini15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:47 PM

Do not overlook anything! Insist that the second order gets straightened. Either get the goods or get reimbursed.
As to putting in an additional order, that is up to you.
I am glad you received the third one.
Bimini15

#21 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

if you didnt receive the second order why put in another order?

demand the second order BEFORE ordering another

there are so many other site with excellent customer service that carries the same stuff that FE carries

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#22 Flat Rock native

Flat Rock native

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

In good customer service news, I ordered from bearsden.com on the afternoon of 16th and just pulled my parcel from the mail drop. :)

Kenduardo's Lure & Fly

Buffalo, Wyoming

Established: Circa "Whenever you see anything I have, ... that you must buy!"

#23 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,472 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:40 AM

if you didnt receive the second order why put in another order?

demand the second order BEFORE ordering another

there are so many other site with excellent customer service that carries the same stuff that FE carries

I gotta agree with flytire on that. The missing second order needs to be straightened out not only before you place another order, but ASAP. I know as a small business owner myself if I had a customer tell me a rod never showed up I would be right on it checking the tracking and finding out what was going on.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#24 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

yup....

bears den has never failed with delivery of any order i made with them

they send you a courteous email regarding your order

and they charge you only the actual postage amount when they send out your package

your card only gets charged AFTER they mail out your package

their shop is about 75 miles from my house so i only visit once a year. it costs me more in gas than postage to go there and back

Friday is my second favorite "f" word. Floccinaucinihilipilification is my first.

#25 Mlandry

Mlandry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

Same here, bears den has always been great to do business with. I am lucky enough to live less than

twenty minutes away.

Mike

#26 barrytheguide

barrytheguide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

I tried to order something small from him and he noted that I had posted previously on here and refused to do business with me, but I did get a refund. I was willing to give him a second chance.
Bazzer