Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

kayaking the gulf...

fly fishing gulf hurricane harvey fly fishing redfish kayak

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

On our 2nd day fishing in the gulf, we decided to try and kayak to find fish.  The day before we saw many fish popping the top out of casting and wading reach.  So we figured if we got out to where they were, we would catch some.  We were wrong.  This day was super slow.  I got 5 perch, and Johnny got a small rat red.  Not what I usually expect on fishing trips in the gulf.  I usually catch fish left and right.  However, that storm that came through before my trip down to the gulf really sent many of the fish deep, and the ones we did see weren't as active as usual.  

http://youtu.be/alP8Ytf_5EY

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

#2 McFlyLures

McFlyLures

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:22 AM

Not sure why that didnt work..  Trying again here... 

Fly fishing and fly tying videos
www.McFlyAngler.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fly fishing, gulf, hurricane harvey, fly fishing redfish, kayak