Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Fishing in Miramichi, New Brunswick?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eide

eide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:18 AM

Heading to the ASFI to tie next year: http://www.asfi-expo...anada/index.php - and looking for locations to go fishing in the area. Good guides, rivers, lakes or any other things that I should go see while I'm over ht

#2 cphubert

cphubert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

Contact Bryant Freeman, Eskape Anglers, Riverview, NB. great guy and a true gentleman, he can steer you in the right direction. WW Doak in Doaktown NB also is a good reference for the area.

#3 despatiesim

despatiesim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

Other than the Miramichi (the most renown salmon river in New-Brunswick), there is also the Restigouche approximately a 1.5 hour drive from there. Known for its big salmon, it would be a great option if one of the lodges on that river has place and you have the budget to fish it. If you are willing to drive a bit more, there are several well know salmon rivers in Quebec which are beautiful to fish. Matapedia, Petite-Cascapedia, Cascapedia, Bonaventure and more (if willing to drive more than 3 hours from Miramichi). Downside is you will need an additional licence as Quebec has its own. Upside Quebec rivers do not require a guide (unless the beat you are on includes one in the price), so you can get away fishing for a much more reasonable cost than in NB.

If you want more info on the Quebec rivers, feel free to ask. I"ll share what I know. As for NB rivers, indeed DOAKS would be a good source of info.

Cheers!

SImon

#4 eide

eide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

Excellent info guys! Going through and collecting as much info as I can now, so I might come back with more questions later when I get a good picture on what I'm going to do!